After the tiresome waiting of 17 years, this Indian woman has finally bagged the Miss World title and this certainly is a landmark achievement for India in 2017. The 20-Year-Old Haryanvi woman Manisha Chillar has taken the mainstream media by storm by winning the prestigious and pivotal title all the way.
The winning answer that also wins our heart ❤ @manushi_chhillar her magical winning words dedicated to @neelam_chhillar4153 MISS WORLD 2017 👑 🇮🇳 . . #manushichhillar #bestanswer #winner #manushi4mw2017 #missworld2017 #missindia #proud #beautifuldestinations #MISSWORLD #MISSINDIA2017 #happiness #love #beautywithapurpose #crowning #india @missindiaorg @mrandmissindia @queenmanushichhillar
She has become the center of the spotlight within a fortnight. She undeniably is the topic of discussion in the whole country. The whole celebrities are pouring in congratulations and best wishes for the model, winning this exemplary title in 2017, she became the sixth woman from India. India won the title last in the year 2000 when Bollywood star Priyanka Chopra made a mark at the event.
This time, the event was held at Sanya City Arena, in China, and Manushi was crowned by Stephanie Del Valle, Miss World 2016 from Puerto Rico. She competed against 118 contestants who represented their nations.
Moreover, we managed to collect five unknown things about our Miss World 2017 winner, and here you go:
1. Manushi hails from Haryana, both her father and mother are doctors, Dr. Mitra Basu Chhillar and Dr. Neelam Chhillar respectively. Meanwhile, Mitra Basu is also a scientist working with the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and her mother Neelam works as an at the Institute of Human Behaviour and Allied Sciences with the Department of neurochemistry.
2. She is currently pursuing medicine at the Bhagat Phool Singh Government Medical College for Women in Sonipat, and her schooling was from St. Thomas’ School in New Delhi.
3. From the very childhood, she had a keen interest in dancing and acting and has trained for acting from National School of Drama and for Kuchipudi under legendary dancers Raja, Kaushalya Reddy, and Radha.
Miss World India @manushi_chhillar at @missworld 2017 Chimelong's Parade Outfit @abujanisandeepkhosla Jewellery @curiocottagejewelry Styled by @stylestashofficial Fashion Director @rockystarofficial #MissWorld #MissWorld2017 #MissWorldIndia #MissWorldIndia2017 #ManushiChhillar #BeautyWithBrains #BeautyWithAPurpose #Manushi4MissWorld #India4MW #India #Indian #IndianBeauty@manushi_chhillar #missworld #missindiaworld #manusi4Missworld #RoadToMissWorld #missindia2017 #missphotogenic #lovewithnolimits @missworld_time @mrandmissindia @mrandmissindia @missindiaorg @queenmanushichhillar @missworld
4. Just before the Miss World event, Manushi participated in Femina Miss India 2017 representing Haryana and was crowned Miss Photogenic and eventually won the title of Miss India which gave her an opportunity to represent the country at Miss World 2017 competition.
@manushi_chhillar #missindiaworld #manusi4Missworld. #Repost from @sabyasachiofficial with @regram.app … The classic Sabyasachi sangeet look in uncut diamonds, emeralds and rubies. #Sabyasachi #SabyasachiClassic #SabyasachiJewelry #TheWorldOfSabyasachi For all jewellery related queries, kindly contact email@example.com @missindiaorg @missworld_time
5. As a part, of her “Beauty with a Purpose project” at Miss World 2017, she has done “Project Shakti”, which aims at spreading awareness about menstrual hygiene. For this initiative, Manushi visited around 20 villages and met more than 5,000 women for treatment.
Well, that’s what we call beauty with brains, her impeccable offbeat works and academics along with beauty are some impossible elements which we can see only in few, and she has done it well.
Share your opinions in the comments section below, and show some love to the harbinger of prestige.