Your teeth can naturally begin to stain over time, especially if you consume stain-causing foods and drinks such as coffee, tea, and wine. Stains on the teeth not only looks ugly but they may also lead to teeth decay and other problems if not given due attention in time. There are many whitening kinds of toothpaste available on the market that can whiten and brighten your teeth. But these whitening agents contain chemicals that cause painful, tingling sensation and irritate the tooth nerves, leading to sensitivity.
Why not try a natural way to pearlier whites?
There are many natural teeth whitening tips such as usage of lemon peel, turmeric, baking soda, or even a slice of bread. Yes! It may sound strange, but burnt toast is effective in whitening teeth naturally. The charcoal in the toast is the key ingredient that helps to whiten your teeth.
1. First, you need to take a thick slice of bread.
2. Then, light up your gas and place your bread directly on the fire and start roasting.
3. Keep heating until it turns brownish-black.
4. You don’t want it to be badly burned; just brownish black would be fine.
5. Once you are done, take the bread and break it into two pieces. Now, you will have the white and black part both exposed.
6. Start by rubbing the white portion on your teeth followed by the black portion. Keep rubbing for a few times alternatively for about 3-4 minutes.
7. After rubbing, let it stay on your teeth for some time. Then, after 5 minutes, wash it with normal water. (You may wash your teeth even after half an hour if you wish).
8. And voila! You have it – The pearly white teeth!
The burnt toast polishes your teeth and removes a thin layer of your stained enamel. And that’s how it works. This whitening technique works very well, and it is highly recommended.
Extra Tip: You can also grind the burnt bits into a powder and mix it with a little-flavored oil (or honey) to brush your teeth with the mixture.
The only good reason to have burnt toast! So next time you burn your toast, don’t get mad. Simply keep it aside and you know what to do.
Note that; this is just a teeth whitening technique. You still need to brush your teeth regularly. It is advisable to brush your teeth 2-3 times daily, especially if your teeth have a tendency to become yellow easily.