It sounds like the Indian National Congress must take some crucial measures to stay firm amongst the crude competition against its rival parties. The first and foremost problem of the party is it is lacking in fine leaders, the way Rahul Gandhi lead this party is quite known to everyone, the trolls, backfire and the illogical statements were all the things that were left.
On this verge of disappearance, the party must choose an eminent leader to set a comeback and most importantly it should focus on the development programmes, unlike the high profile scams.
If a great comeback and the changeover in the party is needed at this moment, then what all congress got is the erudite speaker and the prominent scholar ‘Shashi Tharoor’.
Yes! it has been three years, Narendra Modi ascended the throne of Prime Minister of India, however, despite the fast Internet and digitisation, no great progress is acknowledged till date, and his term is going to end in 2019. Now, what about the next leader? various questions were on bang already.
In accordance to all these, the then minister and MP of the Indian National Congress party’s Shashi Tharoor has roped in a wide critical acclaim in return to his fine speeches, interviews and wise books he wrote by himself. His latest washing out of a British Journalist during an Internet has raised the various concerns which every Indian must know.
Coming to the present, an online petition seeking Shashi Tharoor to be the next PM Candidate from the UPA for the upcoming 2019 elections is on the table. This petition was initiated three days back and already garnered 9700 supporters and about to hit its target 10,000 by the dawn.
Going into the Political details and background of Shashi Tharoor, these are mentioned in the petition:
“In another two years’ time India, the largest democracy of the world will face another national election.
The success of a democratic country requires a strong public interest based opposition led by a visionary leader capable of Prime Ministership.
Dr Shashi Tharoor:
– worked at UN for over 30 years in various positions
– Well received candidate for UN Secretary General – previously worked as Under Secretary General
– Two-time MP from Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
– Authored several books which reflect his understanding of the pluralistic society of India
– World-class multi-lingual — English, Hindi, French, Malayalam — orator and debater – see Youtube for videos
– Internationally respected with access to diplomatic channels all over the world
– After retirement, he chose to serve India and joined Indian politics; did not choose UK/US citizenship option available since he was born in the United Kingdom and worked in UN@NYC for long.
– He chose to be elected by the people, not the soft entry option through Rajya Sabha
– Initiated development activities in his first 5-year term as MP that won wide acclaim
– won again in 2014 against the anti-incumbent wave lashing the country.
– Available throughout the year to his constituents in Thiruvananthapuram
Dr Shashi Tharoor is a man well qualified with deep knowledge of international and national issues, who can connect with the people of India and with world leaders.
We nominate Dr Shashi Tharoor to be the Prime Ministerial candidate of UPA in the run up to 2019.
In the best interest of the World’s Largest Democracy and to rejuvenate the opposition.”
It must be noted that unlike the propaganda of other politicians, Tharoor never took back his words or did anything that created moral issues, he was once dropped down by his own party (Indian National Congress) for praising the deeds of his opponent lead, Narendra Modi in 2014.
This kind of honesty is very rare and important, although who can trace such a leader throughout the world’s largest peninsula.