Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched an Aadhaar-based mobile payment application called BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money) – a rebranded version of UPI (Unified Payment Interface) and USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data), at the Digi Dhan Mela event in Talkatora stadium in New Delhi today.
At this event, the PM also felicitated the winners of Lucky Grahak Yojana. After launching BHIM, he also made payment to Khadi using the app. This app works in an Android phone with the merchant.
Download the BHIM app using the following link.
Uses of BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money) Application:
- This new Aadhaar-based mobile payment application is expected to minimize the role of plastic cards and the point of sale (PoS) machines once believed to be essential for a less-cash society.
- This app would eliminate fee payments for service providers like card companies such as Mastercard or Visa, which has been a stumbling block in merchants switching to digital payments. That will make it affordable even to merchants in remote villages, said people familiar with the development.
How does it work?
- Merchants need to download the Aadhaar cashless merchant app on their smartphones connected to a biometric reader, which is currently available for Rs 2,000.
- The customer will then feed his or her Aadhar number into the app.
- Select the bank through which the transaction will take place, and the biometric scan will work as a password for the transaction to be authenticated.
How to Download and setup BHIM app for digital payments?
- Go to play store using the following link.
- Click on Install and download
- Once installed open the app.
- Select the preferred language among English and Hindi.
- Click on NEXT.
- Again click on NEXT
- If it asks for permissions, click allow.
- Tap on “let’s get started”.
- Now verify your mobile number.
- Make sure that mobile number to get verified is on your phone. Also, note the same number should be registered with your bank.
- Select the sim card in case you have a dual sim mobile.
- Click on next.
- Your mobile number will be automatically verified.
- Enter a 4 digit pass-code.
- Confirm the 4 digit pass-code.
- Select your bank.
- You will get a list of bank accounts registered with the number and bank you selected.
- Select the bank account you want to use with this app
Stay tuned to this website. We will update latest news. Press CTRL+D to bookmark this page for easy navigation.