By the end of 2016, back then the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has made an another major announcement on introduction of its new notes, as soon as the notice regarding the introduction of new Rs 20 and Rs 50 notes is released, it went viral on the Internet and it is quite clear that people are now pretty curious to have a sneak peek at the appearance of this note.
The earlier statements from the RBI indicated that no major differences will be observed in the upcoming notes, except that it carries incumbent RBI Governor Urjit Patel’s signature on the front side and year ‘2016’ printed on the back.
Now, recently a popular newspaper published that India will get its first blue-colored Rs 50 notes, following the country’s first pink colored 2000 notes and the stone gray Rs 500 currency notes were introduced last year during November.
Yesterday, in the name of Rs 50 notes, some pictures of the bundles were leaked and went viral on the Internet, now RBI itself released the authenticated pictures of the new notes with all features firmly explained.
Coming to the visuals on the new note, we can see the motif of Hampi with Chariot on the reverse, depicting the country’s cultural heritage. The base color of the note is fluorescent blue. The note has other designs, geometric patterns aligning with the overall color scheme, both at the obverse and reverse.
The dimension of the banknote will be 66 mm x 135 mm. Despite the release of new ones, all the Rs 50 banknotes issued by RBI in the earlier series will continue to be legal tender.
Further salient features of 50 denomination banknote in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series are as below:
1. See-through register with denominational numeral 50.
2. A denominational numeral in Devanagari.
3. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the center.
4. Micro letters ‘RBI’, BHARAT in Devnagri, ‘INDIA’ and ’50’.
5. Windowed demetallized security thread with inscriptions ‘BHARAT’ in Devnagri and RBI.
6. Guarantee Clause, Governor’s signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards the right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait.
7. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right.
8. Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (50) watermarks.
9. Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side.
The reverse of the note:
1. Year of printing of the note on the left.
2. Swachh Bharat logo with the slogan.
3. Language panel.
4. The motif of Hampi with Chariot.
5. Denominational numeral 50 in Devanagari.