Right from the Reliance Jio launched in 2016, it has become one of the best competitors in Telecom Industry in India. Jio was successful in overtaking all the other Telecommunication providers with its Internet offers, call cutters, and other recharge benefits. It has become a big problem to other Mobile Network providers as everyone are attracted to Jio.
Jio has started a price war among the operators by offering various discounts, free data, and unlimited voice calls. Thus, the only way for all other Network providers to stand and fight against Reliance Jio is to provide new offers to their customers.
In this regard, we had seen some allegations against Jio and TRAI was also involved in solving the problems. A day after Reliance Jio unveiled Dhan Dhana Dhan offer, Vodafone uncovered a free 4GB data plan to its users. All the existing Vodafone customers can avail the offer by simply switching over to a new Vodafone Supernet 4G SIM card.
Vodafone users in Mumbai who upgrade to a 4G SIM card (with 4G handsets) can avail the free data. “Vodafone 4G SIMs are available at all Vodafone Stores, Vodafone Mini Stores or multi-brand outlets located across Mumbai,” Vodafone officials quoted in a statement.
The free data shall be added to the customer’s data balance on upgrading to a 4G SIM. Vodafone prepaid users who switch to Supernet 4G SIM can use the 4GB free data through a validity period of 10 days. Whereas, Vodafone post-paid users can use the 4GB free data until next billing date.
Stating about the development, Pushpinder Singh Gujral, Business Head-Mumbai, Vodafone India, said, “Vodafone is proud to be the preferred telecom services provider to over 9 million customers in Mumbai. We are offering 4GB data free for our customers to experience the benefits of our Data Strong Network and enjoy unparalleled mobile internet services.”
Here’s how you can switch to the new 4G SIM:
1. Walk-in to any nearest outlet and get your 4G SIM.
2. To activate the 4G SIM card, use your existing Vodafone number to SMS ‘SIMEX <your 20 digit new 4G SIM card number>’ to 55199 (this number will be available on the new SIM card/jacket given to you).
3. You will receive a response SMS from 55199 with partial SIM number entered.
4. Send the last 6 digits of the new SIM number to 55199 within 2 hours of receiving the SMS mentioned in the above step.
5. Once you receive a success SMS, your 4G SIM will be activated within 20 minutes.
6. Replace your old SIM in the handset with the new 4G SIM.
In case you face any issues with the SIM upgrade process, then you can call 199 or seek assistance from the staff at any Vodafone retail store, the company’s statement noted.
However, Bharti Airtel, Vodafone, and Idea Cellular have adopted a number of surviving tactics, offering data and voice calls on cheaper rates.