Natural black hair is everyone’s choice and grey hair can be a nightmare, especially for women. Well, with the increasing age, the hair loses its color and as a result, we get premature gray hair. Generally, melanocytes around the hair follicles reduce the amount of melanin it produces (or stops completely), your hair starts growing into a grey color.
But, sometimes, even the young people get gray hair due to various reasons which include hormonal problems, pollution, etc. In rare cases, gray hair may be due to lack of nourishment or nutrients in the diet. Sometimes, chemicals that you put into your hair can also worsen it.
Turn your Grey Hair into Natural Black Hair
So, if you are struggling with gray hair, here are a few simple home remedies to treat them quickly and permanently without the need for any of those toxic and harmful commercial hair dyes. Check them out here.
It is an old remedy to treat hair disorders easily. Apart from adding taste to your food, onions also serve a great purpose for your hair. If you have a terrible case of white hair, try this simple home remedy.
- Peel off the skin and grind the onions.
- Massage the paste into your scalp and hair and leave it in for 30 minutes.
- Cover it with a shower cap so the paste would not drip into your eyes.
- Make sure to use shampoo in washing it off to eliminate the pungent smell of onions.
- Do this process every day for at least a week so it would take effect.
2. Onion and lemon juice
Onions have proved it beneficial over graying of hair and are certainly used through ages. The onion juice contains a high amount of catalase, which is a very good enzyme that can cure gray hair.
- Extract juice from onion by grinding it.
- Add little lemon juice to it.
- Apply this mixture on the scalp.
- Shampoo well after 30 minutes.
- Repeat the procedure daily.
A combination of onion and lemon juice helps to restore the strength, shine, and color over hair strands.
3. Lemon Juice and Gooseberry
Indian gooseberry (Amla) is often considered as an effective natural remedy for grey hair. Amla being packed with nutrients helps to treat all kind of hair problems.
- Take few amla, cut them into pieces and dry them in the sun.
- Crush them in a blender and make a powder out of it.
- Then, mix the alma powder with lemon juice.
- Now, apply and massage the mixture into your hair and scalp.
- Wash it off after 20 minutes with cold water.
Alternatively, you can mix Amla powder with coconut oil and then apply the mixture to the scalp regularly for treatment of graying hair.
4. Coconut Oil and Lemon Juice
The well-known medication for various skin problems, coconut oil, also helps in preventing the growth of gray hair. Just massage a mixture of coconut oil and lemon juice on the scalp to turn your white hair into black and shiny. Do this every day until you get the desired results. It also restores the health of your hair.
5. Curry leaves
Curry leaves have been used since ages to treat hair or scalp disorders. Due to a large amount of antioxidants found in curry leaves, they prove beneficial in treating gray hair.
- Take few dried curry leaves and crush them into powder in a blender.
- Now, mix the curry powder in 2-3 spoons of curd.
- Apply the mixture on your scalp.
- Wash it off after 20 minutes with normal water.
NOTE: Due to the Curd present in it, the pack will start to melt off after some time. So it is always good to wear a shower cap once you have applied the pack.
6. Curry leaves and Coconut oil
It is the most effective solution to greying of hair. Curry leaves help increase darker pigmentation in your hair. And when combined with coconut oil, it works as a great hair tonic. They also have the power to boost your hair growth.
Just boil a handful of fresh curry leaves in a tablespoon of coconut oil until they become charred.
- Allow it to cool down and strain the oil.
- Apply this on your scalp massage it into your hair.
- Leave it on for 30 to 45 minutes before rinsing it out.
- Repeat this for 2-3 times in a week.
You can easily get rid of gray hair by using ginger.
- Add a little milk to grated ginger to get a thick paste.
- Apply and rub the ginger paste on areas with gray hair.
- Leave it for ten minutes and after that, wash the hair to remove the paste.
- Do this remedy once in a week.
8. Carrot Juice
This might not be common but carrot juice is one of those remedies for your white hair that does not to be applied to your hair. Instead, drink the juice so it will take effect. It has also been proven to be a boon to your hair’s health.
9. Black Tea
Black tea is known for its unconditional health benefits and proven results over skin and hair. The natural dye in black tea stains your hair and boosts its keratin and melanin levels. Due to antioxidants present in black tea, it helps to strengthen the hair strands and also stimulates the hair growth.
- Take some black tea and put it to boil for few minutes.
- Now, allow it to cool down and then use this mixture as an after wash.
- If needed, add 1 teaspoon of salt to it so that it helps to remove the dirt accumulated over the scalp.
- Wash your hair with black tea every day for maximum results.
10. Sesame Seeds
Also Read: Home Remedies For Hair Loss
Massage sesame seeds into your hair every three days to speed up the production of melanin and keratin in your scalp.