As per the NEET selection procedure, applicants need to clear the three stages – applying for the exam, appearing for the NEET exam and need to face the final counselling as per the ranks in NEET examination. The final selection of the candidates will be done, based on the marks secured by the candidate in NEET and cut off and rank released by official exam conducting authority.
The NEET 2019 is the medical entrance exam to obtain a seat in top-notch MBBS/BDS courses in various government and private medical colleges. The detailed selection procedure for NEET 2019 has been explained below as this will help candidates to understand the selection criteria for final admission in colleges.
NEET Selection Procedure 2019
The admission to the MBBS/BDS course in top-level Institutes of India is based on merit list prepared by the NTA after the successful completion of the exam. The selection procedure for NEET 2019 is basically divided into three stages and candidates need to clear all the stages in order to attain a seat in the medical college as per the preference. Let’s look at each stage of the NEET 2019 selection procedure in detail:
1. Applying for the NEET 2019 Exam
The online registration for NEET 2019 was started from 1st November 2018. The application process will start at the official website of the NTA (National Testing Agency). The last date for submitting the application of NEET 2019 has been closed on 30th November 2018. The mode of release and submission for NEET 2019 application form is through online only. Now, check the step by step approach in filling the application form for NEET 2019.
Step 1– Visit the official website of NTA and then click on ‘Apply Online’ of application form link. Fill up your personal details like email id, contact number etc. After successful registration, you can login by using your login ID and password. Login Id is the registration number given to you by NTA.
Step 2– The next step is to provide the required academic information. It is suggested to check your application form details carefully before submitting it and edit the same if required.
Step 3– After this, you need to upload the scanned images of your photograph and signature on NEET 2019 online application form. The photo must be latest and must be between 10KB to 100KB. And your signature should be in between 3KB to 20KB in JPEG format.
Step 4– The last step is to pay your application fees for NEET 2019. Online application fees are accepted by NTA. For candidates belonging to General category should pay Rs 1400 and Rs 750 is for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH categories.
Note: After submitting the details and paying the online fees, you should take out the printed copy of the confirmation page.
Stage 2: Appearing for the NEET Exam 2019
You need to be well-prepared for the NEET exam. Before starting your preparation for the NEET exam, you need to understand the exam pattern of the same. We here provide you with some basic information related to NEET 2019.
- Important Dates- After the successful registration of the NEET application form, you can make any correction in the application form in the month of December 2018. As NEET exam is scheduled on 5th May 2019, you can download the NEET 2019 Admit Card from 15th April 2019. The NEET Result 2019 will be declared on 5th June 2019. The NEET 2019 counselling date is yet to announce by the official authority.
- Exam Pattern-The NEET 2019 exam will include multiple type objective questions. You will get 4 marks for every correct answer, but one mark will be deducted for every wrong answer. You can attempt the NEET 2019 exam in total 3 duration of time. Check the exam pattern for NEET 2019 below:
|Subjects||Maximum Marks||Number of Questions|
Stage 3: NEET 2019 Result/ Cut Off
The result for the NEET 2019 exam will be declared on 5th June 2019 on the official website of NTA. To check or download the result, you need to enter your registration number and password. The authority will not be going to send your result via post. The selection procedure then includes the following points:
- Cut Off- The cut off for the NEET 2019 will be announced by NTA after the NEET Results 2019. The cut off will be prepared considering some factors like the number of applications received, the difficulty level of the question, seat availability and previous year cut off. You need to clear the section-wise and overall cut off for NEET 2019.
- Counselling- The counselling for NEET will start after the result and cut off for NEET 2019. The NEET 2019 counselling for the All India Quota, ESIC quota, and seats in Central and Deemed Universities will be shown by Director General of Health Services (DGHS), on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).
So, here is the complete details of the NEET 2019 selection procedure. In order to secure a seat in reputed medical Institutes across India, you need to start your preparation with a well-structured plan and correct guidance.
If you have any further query or question related to the selection procedure of NEET 2019, you can drop your comment in the comment section.
Don’t forget to download NEET preparation app. It provides free study notes, quizzes, mock test, previous year papers, and all the updates related Medical entrance exams.