Open or large pores on the face can make your skin look aged and unhealthy. They also contribute to other skin care problems, such as acne and blackheads, especially for people with oily skin. Excess sebum, along with dirt and bacteria, tends to clog the pores. To make matters worse, blackheads tend to make pores more visible and look even larger.
Though there are many remedies to deal with this problem and minimize the appearance of large pores, it takes a time to achieve the desired result. If you are looking to shrink those large pores, here is an amazing homemade remedy that can tighten skin and decrease the appearance of large pores. It is very effective and the best thing about this remedy is it needs only single ingredient i.e., common household item: baking soda.
Yes, the very same baking soda you use to make cookies and for the occasional science experiment.
Here’s how to use baking soda to minimize large pores:
- First, wash your face with gentle, non-scented soap.
- Then, put 2 tablespoons of baking soda in your hand and mix it with some water to make a paste.
- Gently massage the paste onto your face for 30 seconds. Don’t scrub
- Leave it to dry for 15 minutes.
- After the mask tightens, rinse the paste off with cool water and pat your face dry with a towel
For best results, use this scrub every day for the first week as part of your skincare routine. Then, use it three to four times a week to keep pores fresh and clean.
NOTE: If you have extremely sensitive skin, be careful because baking soda could irritate your face, so consult a doctor before trying this at home.