15-Year-Old Indian Girl Dies After Inhaling Carbon Monoxide Emitted By Bathroom Geyser

A 15-year-old girl from Mumbai, India, died after inhaling an excessive amount of carbon monoxide, which was emitted by bathroom geyser.

Dhruvi Gohil, the 15-year-old girl from the Borivali area of Mumbai, was found unconscious inside the bathroom of their house on January 5, 2020.

Gohil was having a bath on the early morning of January 5 in her parent’s flat in Borivali West Flat.

Dr. Vivek Chaurasia, a medical officer at the Mangalmoorti Hospital in Gorai, Mumbai, released a statement about the incident.

Dr. Chaurasia said, “Her parents noticed she was taking a lot of time and started knocking on the bathroom door.”

He added, “When they did not get an answer, they broke the door and found Dhruvi lying unconscious, with the right side of her body scalded due to hot water.”

He continued, “She fell unconscious after breathing carbon monoxide emitted from a bathroom geyser. Scant oxygen supply in the bathroom affected her brain and caused convulsions.”

The 15-year-old girl was placed on ventilator support until January 10, 2020.

The 15-year-old girl died on her birthday, which was on January 10, 2020.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of the girl, may her soul rest in peace.

FacebookTwitterInstagramPinterestLinkedInGoogle+YoutubeRedditDribbbleBehanceGithubCodePenEmailWhatsappEmail
×
facebook
Hit “Like” to follow us and stay tuned for the latest news