3-Year-Old Madhya Pradesh Boy Dies After Swallowing Toy That Came With Snack

Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh: A 3-year-old boy passed away in a horrible way after he accidentally choked on a toy that came along with the snack that he bought.

The snack was reportedly came from a local snack brand in Neemuch district of Madhya Pradesh.

The incident reportedly happened on November 3, 2019, at the Kenpuria village.

The death of the boy led the authorities to seize a huge amount of snacks that had toys in them, to avoid further incidents like these.

Rohit, the 3-year-old boy, apparently found a whistle packed inside as a freebie when he opened the snack that he was trying to eat.

Sanjeev Mishra, the district Food Security and Drug Control Officer said the child tried to chew the whistle.

Not knowing what it was, the kid swallowed the whistle and it got stuck in his throat.

Officer Mishra said the 3-year-old boy was rushed to a hospital near the area, but the doctors failed to save his life.

The father of the boy registered a complaint against the company that made the snack.

An investigation was launched and a raid was done at the company’s headquarters, where 1,800 packets were destroyed.

Authorities said, “We have also collected samples of other popular brands of snacks by seizing some 5,000 packets for testing.”

Rest in peace, Rohit.

FacebookTwitterInstagramPinterestLinkedInGoogle+YoutubeRedditDribbbleBehanceGithubCodePenEmailWhatsappEmail
×
facebook
Hit “Like” to follow us and stay tuned for the latest news