Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela, better known as Nelson Mandela, was born into the Madiba clan in the village of Mvezo, in Eastern Cape, on July 18, 1918. His Parents, Nkosi Mphakanyiswa, his father, was a principal, and Nonqaphi Nosekeni, his mother.
When Nelson was 12-years-old, his father passed away and he became the ward of the Jongintaba at the Great Place in Mqhekezweni.
Nelson was a South-African revolutionary, political leader, and philanthropist who was the President of the Country for 5 years, from 1994 to 1999. Nelson was the first black head of South-Africa and the first elected in a fully representative election of South Africa.
The government of Nelson Mandela was focused on dismantling the legacy of apartheid by fighting racism.
Nelson was also the president of the ANC (African National Congress) party for 6 years, from 1991 to 1997.
Happy Birthday Nelson Mandela HD Images And Ultra HD Wallpapers
Quick Facts About Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela
- Nelson Mandela Was Born In Transkei, Africa
- His born name was Rolihlahla Mandela
- Rolihlahla means “to pull a branch off a tree”
- He was named as Nelson when he was 7 years old
- His school gave him the name Nelson
- The father of Nelson Mandela had four wives
- Nelson is the youngest son of all the sons his father had
- When Nelson was young, he was involved in herding animals
- When Nelson was a kid, he was in a boarding school
- Nelson served in prison for 27 years
Nelson Mandela Pictures With Quotes And Inspirational Messages
Happy Birthday Nelson Mandela, thank you for everything!