Let us say that you got your Aadhaar Card 3 years ago, and since then, you have changed your house, got married, and have a different name, and now you are wondering if you should update those details in your Aadhaar Card, and the answer that question is a big YES.
Here the things you should Update in Your Aadhaar Card
- Your correct present address, this is important and most of the citizens of India do not know this. Your Aadhaar Card is linked to almost everything, and this means that you should fill up the correct data in it.
- Your current mobile number, your mobile number is not only for receiving and calling or messaging. Your mobile number is also used for updates that are sent out by the government. In order to update your Mobile number, you will have to go to your nearest suvida center.
- Your correct date of birth. Due to thousands of applications that are sent for Aadhaar Cards, it is common that some mistakes can happen, and this can happen with your birth date. In order to correct this, you need to visit the nearest center in your city and bring your Birth Certificate with you.
- Your real gender, as mentioned above thousands of applications are received every day by suvida centers, this allows a room for errors, and sometimes it can be you. So make sure you update your gender in your Aadhaar Card.
How To Update Details In Aadhaar Card Online
If you have an Aadhaar Card, you are allowed to change it through their Self Service Update Portal.
Follow the steps below:
- Visit their official website, Click Here.
- Click on Update Aadhaar.
- Click on whatever services you want to choose.
- Enter your 12 digits long Aadhaar Card Number, you will find this in your Aadhaar Card.
- Fill up the verification code and click Send OTP.
- Enter your OTP so you can log in.
- Update your information by selecting the update you want to make.
- Enter your correct information.
- Hit submit button.
- Select the type of document you want to submit as a POA for verification.
- Upload scanned copy of proof and hit the submit button.
- Click “Yes” and select the BPO service provider that is going to verify your details.
- Click the submit button.
- The BPO service provider will inspect the details that you mentioned in the form and with the POA, the BPO service provider will then forward your request to UDAI.
- An acknowledgment slip will be provided to you.
- Download and save the URN (Update Request Number) that is provided to you.
Update Aadhaar Card Details Offline
You can also update your Aadhaar Card details by visiting the Aadhaar Card Enrolment Center.
You will have to bring proof for the corrections that you want to make. During your visit to the center, you can update your mobile number, gender, image, biometrics, address, and many more.