Summer is here, and the best thing you would want to do is to keep yourself hydrated. This is one of the most important things you should do during the Indian summer. The best thing that comes to your mind when you are thirsty is water, but did you know that there are a number of vegetables that can also keep you hydrated?
Here are some Vegetables that can help you keep Hydrated during the scorching heat of the Indian Summer:
- Cucumber, one of the most known foods that help a person stay hydrated. Cucumbers are rich with Vitamins A, C, folic acid, and fiber. Cucumbers are made up of about 96% water.
- Calories: 45
- Total fat: 0 grams
- Carbs: 11 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Vitamin C: 14% of the RDI
- Vitamin K: 62% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 10% of the RDI
- Potassium: 13% of the RDI
- Manganese: 12% of the RDI
Here are some of the health benefits of cucumbers:
- High in Nutrients
- Contains Antioxidants
- Promotes Hydration
- Helps Weight Loss
- Lowers Blood Sugar
- Lemons, this one is a no brainer, as we all know that lemons are served with nimbu paani (lemon water), the drink is considered as one of the best refreshing drinks of all time in India.
Here are some health benefits of lemons:
- It promotes hydration
- good source of vitamin C
- supports weight loss
- improves your skin quality
- freshens breath
Lemons are also known to be helpful in tackling some infections, indigestion, constipation, teeth related problems and high blood pressure.
- Celery is also a good hydrating food that you can take during the summer, it is loaded with vitamins, antioxidants, and flavonoids. It also helps out in removing toxins out of our body. It is full with Vitamin K, C, A, B6, B2, calcium, magnesium, and folate.
Here are some health benefits of eating Celery on a regular basis:
- great source of important antioxidants
- reduces inflammation
- It has an alkalizing effect
- supports digestion
- Watermelons, according to research that was conducted by the University of Aberdeen, Watermelons are 92 percent water and is 8 percent sugar. Watermelons are also rich in mineral salts that are important for optimum hydration.
Here are some health benefits of consuming watermelons on a regular basis:
- Helps You Keep Hydrated
- May Help Prevent Cancer
- Improves Heart Health
- Prevents Macular Degeneration
- Good for Skin and Hair
- Improves Digestion
- Strawberries, they have the highest water content of all the berries, strawberries are 92% water and its tasty.
Here are some additional health benefits of strawberries:
- Lowers blood pressure level
- Promotes skin vitality
- Improves immune system functioning
- Regulates blood sugar properly
- Protects against certain cancers
- Lowes the risk of getting a stroke
- This is one of my personal favorites, Spinach, it is the richest dietary source of magnesium, a vital electrolyte like sodium and potassium. Also, spinach is made up of 92 percent water, a healthy and hydrating food.
Nutrition Facts: One cup of raw spinach contains:
- 7 calories
- 86 grams (g) of protein
- 30 milligrams (mg) of calcium
- 81 g of iron
- 24 mg of magnesium
- 167 mg of potassium
- 2,813 interational units (IU) of Vitamin A
- 58 micrograms of folate
Here are some health benefits of spinaches:
- Prevents Cancer
- Helps prevent asthma
- Improves bone health
- Makes your skin and hair healthier
- Makes your digestive system better