18-Week-Old Puppy Dies From Heart Attack That Was Triggered By Fireworks

An 18-week-old puppy from South Yorkshire died from a heart attack that was caused by fireworks, and now, the owner of the dogs want fireworks to be banned.

Susan Paterson, the owner of the dog, said Molly, the 18-week-old puppy, died in Wombley, South Yorkshire due to the enormous amounts of fireworks.

In a post that she made on Facebook, Susan said, “Due to the enormous amount of fireworks with loud bangs going off around Wombwell and lower Darfield last night, we lost a young terrier with a heart attack.”

She added, “Please think of the animals. Molly was only 18 weeks old and died of FRIGHT caused by fireworks. Molly may be gone but she will never be forgotten and will live on in our hearts. We are still trying to make sense of what happened. Dreading the fireworks again tonight.”

Susan is now urging everyone to sign a petition that calls for the general sale of fireworks to be banned.

A similar petition has already been set up by Elizabeth Jayne Harden, and the petition already has over 228,000 signatures.

With over 228k signatures, the parliament in England will now consider it for a debate.

The petition that was set up by Elizabeth says “Every year more and more people, animals and wildlife get hurt by fireworks. It’s time something was done to stop this. There are enough organized firework groups around for us to still enjoy fireworks safely so please help me stop the needless sale of them to the public!”

It added, “The noise from fireworks causes a great amount of fear, stress, and anxiety in wild animals… Errant fireworks can also cause environmental damage though fires, and from the release of poisonous chemicals and particle-laden smoke, which is not just inhaled by wildlife, but contaminates the natural environment.”

Pictures of Molly, the 18-week-old pup, were shared on an anti-random firework Facebook Page.

The post that was made read, “Is this fair? Molly, poor sweet pup.. Her heart gave out with fear. Her sister, Sally the blonde pup, will miss her greatly and will be traumatized seeing her sister die.”

Dogs have 4 times more sensitive hearing, so sudden bangs of fireworks can cause them to have an elevated heartbeat and can have a lasting impact.

If there are fireworks going off around your house, make sure you bring your dog inside your house and let them hide so they won’t get bothered from the sudden cracks or bangs.

FacebookTwitterInstagramPinterestLinkedInGoogle+YoutubeRedditDribbbleBehanceGithubCodePenEmailWhatsappEmail
×
facebook
Hit “Like” to follow us and stay tuned for the latest news