Baby Zebra That Was Born During Lockdown Dies After Being Spooked By A Firework

Fireworks could be good for the eyes and entertainment purposes for human beings, but for animals, they are hell and are nothing but pain.

A poor baby zebra that was born during the coronavirus lockdown measures sadly passed away recently after they got spooked by a firework.

According to Zookeepers at the Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm, which is located in Wraxall, Somerset, Hope, a zebra, got spooked after serious of loud bangs were emitted after a firework display.

The fight caused the zebra to collide with the boundary of her paddock.

A post mortem ruled that she passed away immediately due to the sudden impact that she got on November 4, 2020.

The staff of the zoo has been left heartbroken.

Hope was born at the start of the first lockdown in March this year and she was given the name because she was a symbol of hope in tough times.

After her death, the zoo wants people to realize that fireworks are not only bad for the environment, but they also spook out animals.

The Zoo released a statement about the incident and said:

As a zoo, we are determined that something good comes out of this and so we feel it is so important that people are aware of what has happened. We hope people will change their views about fireworks and become much more aware of the impact they can have on animals. We would like to use this tragic event as an impetus for change and we really hope that people will now think hard and adopt alternative arrangements like silent fireworks or other more animal-friendly options for their bonfire night celebrations.

Larry Bush, the managing director of the Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm, said that the zoo and their staff are just devastated after the loss of their young zebra.

Bush talked about Hope in a statement, where they said:

We’re feeling devastated by the loss of our young zebra Hope. She was so full of energy and life and she was a very healthy young zebra. It is such a tragedy that she has lost her life, seemingly as a result of fireworks being set off at nearby events which were intended as a celebration. We know this was not the intention of local organisers and people letting off fireworks but it does demonstrate in a tragic way the impact that fireworks can have on animals – whether this be zebras, horses, native wildlife or pets in our homes.

Spread this news and let people know that fireworks are not good for animals and the environment.

Hit “Like” to follow us and receive latest news