Cristiano Ronaldo has scored his 700th goal in the 2020 Qualifier Against Ukraine, where Portugal lost 2-1 against Ukraine.
Ronaldo, who has won the Fifa Ballon d’Or 5 times, is the captain of Portugal’s football team.
Ronaldo scored the goal through a penalty on the 72nd minute of the match.
On Friday, Ronaldo’s lob against Luxembourg on Friday took his overall goal tally to 699. They won the match 3-0.
Ahead of the match, everyone was expecting Ronald to score and enter the 700 goal mark.
After scoring in the game, Ronaldo joined an elite club alongside Pele, Gerd Muller, Ferenc Puskas, Josef Bica, and Romario, who have all scored 700 goals or more throughout their careers.
Ronaldo scored 700 goals in playing 976 senior matches.
— JuventusFC (@juventusfcen) October 14, 2019
Lionel Messi, who is considered as the biggest rival of Cristiano Ronaldo, has 672 career goals.
Ronaldo still has a lot of catching on to do with Bican, a former Czech Republic Forward, who scored 800 goals from 1931 to 1950.
Romario scored 772 goals and Pele of Brazil scored 767 goals.
How Did Ronald Score His 700th Goal?
- Sporting Lisbon (Played from 2002 to 2003) – 5 goals in 31 matches
- Manchester United (Played from 2003 to 2009) – 118 goals in 292 matches
- Real Madrid (Played from 2009 to 2018) – 450 goals in 438 matches
- Juventus (Played from 2018 to Present) – 32 goals in 51 matches
- Portugal National Team (2003 to Present) – 95 goals in 162 matches
Ronaldo is also expected to break the record for most goals at the international level, he is expected to break the record, which is held by Ali Daei, a former Iran Forward, who scored 109 goals for his country.