Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar (born 24 April 1973) is a former Indian cricketer widely acknowledged as one of the greatest batsmen of all time. Third youngest debutant in Test cricket, aged 16 years and 205 days, when he made his Test debut against Pakistan on November 15, 1989. He took up cricket at the age of eleven, made his Test debut against Pakistan at the age of sixteen, and went on to represent Mumbai domestically and India internationally for close to twenty-four years.
- Total Test matches played by Sachin Tendulkar is 198.
- Highest number of runs in Test Cricket: 15,837 runs.
- Batting Average: 53.86
- First Indian batsman to surpass the 11,000 runs mark and the third batsman in the world to do so.
- After Sunil Gavaskar, Sachin is the second Indian batsman to score over 10,000 runs in Test cricket.
- Sachin, along with Brian Lara, is the fastest to score 10,000 runs in Test cricket. Both of them did it in just 195 innings.
- Sachin Tendulkar holds the world record for the maximum number of runs scored away from home. (8,705 runs away from home)
- First player to reach 12,000, 13,000, 14,000 and 15,000 Test runs.
- Sachin also holds the world record of 29 Centuries in Tests away from home.
- Sachin holds the record for scoring more than 1000 Test runs in a calendar year. Sachin has done it six times-2010 (1562 runs), 2008 (1063 runs), 2002 (1392 runs), 1999 (1088 runs), 2001 (1003 runs) and 1997 (1000 runs).
- Sachin Tendulkar has the highest number of Test centuries in world cricket history. He has scored 51 Test centuries.
- Sachin has the highest number of 150 plus scores in Test cricket.
- Sachin was the youngest to score a century when he scored his maiden century in 1990.
- Sachin scored five centuries before the age of 20. This continues to be a World record till date.
- Sachin was the third batsman in the history of Test cricket to have scored a century against all ten Test playing nations.
ALL RECORDS OF SACHIN TENDULKAR- Other Records and Achievements
All records of Sachin Tendulkar mean all records of Sachin Tendulkar. Hence, even the little ones or the not so little ones must be mentioned. Here is a list of a few achievements and awards to add to the list of all records of Sachin Tendulkar.
Official Awards-ALL RECORDS OF SACHIN TENDULKAR
1994: Arjuna Award Recipient for achievements in Cricket
1997: Tendulkar was one of the five cricketers selected as Wisden Cricketer of the Year
1997/98: India’s highest sporting honour – Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna
1999: Padma Shri – India’s fourth highest civilian award
2008: Padma Vibhushan – India’s second highest civilian award
2010: ICC Cricketer of the year – Highest award in the ICC listings
2010: LG People’s Choice Award
ICC World Test XI: 2009, 2010, 2011
ICC World ODI XI: 2004, 2007, 2010
Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World 1997, 2010, 2012
Sachin Tendulkar Test Records
- The third-youngest debutant (16 years 205 days) in test cricket.
- Highest run-scorer in the history of Test cricket, with 15,837 Test runs
- His career average from 1989 to 2013 in 198 Tests is 53.86
- He became the first Indian to surpass the 11,000 Test run mark
- Sachin and Brian Lara are the fastest to score 10,000 runs in 195 innings
- World record of 8,705 runs in Tests away from home
- World record of 29 centuries in Tests away from home
- First player to reach 12,000, 13,000, 14,000, 15,000 Test runs
- Record for scoring most 1,000 Test runs in a calendar year (six times)
- Fourth-highest run-getter in a single calendar year in Test history
- World record for aggregating most runs in the fourth innings
- The only cricketer to score 100 centuries in international cricket (test and ODI)
- Highest number (51) of Test centuries
- Highest number (20) of 150+ score in Test Cricket
- When he scored his maiden century in 1990, he was the second youngest to score a century.
- His record of 5 centuries before he turned 20 is a current world record
- Has scored centuries against all Test playing nations
Sachin Tendulkar ODI Records
- Played 463 matches and made 185 consecutive ODI appearances
- The second-youngest debutant in ODI cricket
- Record for being the first batsman to score the most runs (200) in an ODI Innings
- Scored the most runs in ODI cricket (18426 runs in 463 innings)
- The only player ever to cross the 14,000, 15,000, 16,000, 17,000 and 18,000 run marks
- First player to reach 10,000, 11,000, 12,000, 13,000, 14,000, 15,000, 16,000, 17,000 and 18,000 ODI run marks
- Scored the most centuries (49)
- Sachin, Virender Sehwag and Rohit Sharma are the only cricketers ever to score a double hundred in ODI
- Most ODI runs in a calendar year (1,894 runs in 1998)
- Most centuries in a calendar year (9 in 1998)
- Sachin, along with Sourav Ganguly, holds the world record for the maximum number of runs scored for an opening partnership
- Sachin, along with Rahul Dravid, holds the world record for the highest partnership in ODI matches
- Has been involved in six 200-run partnerships in ODI matches
- Most runs (2,278) in World Cup Cricket
- Player Of The World Cup Tournament in the 2003 Cricket World Cup
- Opened the innings 340 times in ODI cricket
- Most overall runs in international cricket (ODIs + Tests + Twenty20)
- Record of getting out the maximum number of times in the 90s in international matches
Sachin Tendulkar Awards and Achievements
- 1994: Arjuna Award Recipient for achievements in cricket
- 1997: One of the five cricketers selected as Wisden Cricketer of the Year
- 1997/98: Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna – India’s highest sporting honour
- 1999: Padma Shri – India’s fourth-highest civilian award
- 2003: The “Greatest Sportsman” of the country in the Best of India poll by Zee News
- 2006: One of the Asian Heroes by Time magazine
- 2006: Sportsperson of the Year
- 2008: Padma Vibhushan – India’s second-highest civilian award
- 2009: Time magazine included Sachin’s Test Debut in “Top 10 Sporting Moments”
- 2010: LG People’s Choice Award
- 2010: ICC Cricketer of the Year – Highest award in the ICC listings
- 2010: Sports Icon of the Year for 21 years at the NDTV Indian of the Year Awards
- 2010: One of the world’s 100 most influential people in “The 2010 TIME 100” poll by Time magazine
- 2004, 2007 and 2010: ICC World ODI XI
- 2009, 2010 and 2011: ICC World Test XI
- 1997, 2010 and 2012: Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World
- Won a record 16 Man of the Series and 62 Man of the Match awards in ODI Matches
- Has the distinction of having won Man of the Match Award against all ICC Full Members (Test Playing Nations)
- 2012: Wisden India Outstanding Achievement award
- 2012: Honorary Member of the Order of Australia, given by the Australian government
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you feel you need any information for your preparation.Any queries please comment below, we will get back to you with the appropriate information as early as possible. We are inviting candidates to give us a feedback on every article you read and how that helped you. So, that we can improve our approach and reach the visitors in much attractive and better manner.
Press CTRL+D right now to bookmark this website. Here we provide you information about the movie gossips round the film industry. Generalawareness infortation about the every thing is available here. All previous Question papers for SSC, RRB, IBPS, IAS (civils), Groups, IES are available in www.allindiaroundup.com. Here we provide all the information about Job notification, Admit cards for exams, Materials and previous question papers for exams, Results declared. Stay tuned for this website for more updates.