A 33-year-old man miraculously survived after he accidentally fell into a pool of toxic tar in Russia.
The man was reportedly rescued by passers-by after he tripped into a pit of asphalt in an abandoned factory.
According to reports, the incident happened at an abandoned factory in Pavlovsk City in Saint Petersburg, Russia.
The man was brought to a hospital, where the staff painstakingly removed the sticky toxic tar by razor blades.
The 33-year-old man, whose identity was not shared with the public, can be seen in images with agony and pain as he is covered in tar.
Local news agencies reported that it took the nurses at the hospital a couple of hours to remove the tar off every inch of his body.
Doctors at the unnamed hospital discharged him by saying his life was no longer in danger as the toxic tar had been successfully removed.
Officials said the tar and other chemicals were left in the abandoned site after the plant was closed.
After the incident, the local government is planning to clean up the area.