The autopsy report of Fatehveer Singh, a 2-year-old boy who fell inside a 150-foot borewell, said that he passed away due to hypoxia.
The unsuccessful rescue operation for Fatehveer Singh lasted for over 4 days, he fell inside the 150-foot borewell on Tuesday morning.
The 2-year-old boy was rushed to the PGIMER through an ambulance.
The 2-year-old boy was brought to the PGIMER in Chandigarh after he was pulled out, but the doctors at the hospital declared him dead upon arrival.
Dr. YS Bansal and Dr. Senthil Kumar, the doctors who performed the autopsy of Fatehveer Singh, are from the Department of Forensic Medicine at the PGIMER.
In a statement that was released by the hospital, they said, “The post-mortem findings are suggestive of death occurring a few days back. A detailed post-mortem report is being prepared and would be handed over to the investigating officer (police official).”
Some reports say that the death of Fatehveer Singh happened days before he was rescued.
The doctors concluded that the death of Fatehveer Singh was caused by “hypoxia consequent to suffocation and smothering in a borewell”.
According to Wikipidea, Hypoxia is a condition in which the body or a region of the body is deprived of adequate oxygen supply at the tissue level
The body of the 2-year-old boy has been handed over to his family members.
2-year-old Fatehveer Singh, who is the son of Sukwhinder Singh, was brought to the Advanced Paediatric Centre at the PGIMER on Tuesday by 7:24 am.
Sukhwinder Singh, the father of Fatehveer Singh, lives in Bhagwanpura Village in Sangrur.
The statement added, “On admission, he had no pulse, no respiration, and no cardiac activity, hence, the child was declared brought dead.”
After that, the police asked the hospital to conduct an autopsy for the 2-year-old boy.
The government of Punjab arranged a helicopter for the 2-year-old boy after the autopsy was done.
Fatehveer Singh turned 2-years-old on Monday.
The National Disaster Response Force pulled the 2-year-old boy out of the 150-feet borewell on Tuesday morning.
Fatehveer Singh was the only child of his parents, the incident happened when he was playing outside his home on June 6.
He accidentally stepped over the borewell that was covered with a cloth.