Florida Hero Dog Dies In Fire After Alerting Family About Blaze

A pet pooch in Florida died after saving his family from a fire that was tearing down their house.

Leroy Butler, the owner of Zippy, a Jack Russell Terrier, explained how his pet pooch saved his entire family, he said, “He was from bed to bed, back and forth.”

Leroy added that a fire alarm sounded about 2 AM on September 17, 2019, which is the date of the incident, and only lasted for a short time before it turned off.

Soon after the alarm went off, the ceiling and the furniture inside their house went on fire.

Zippy started to bark out loud inside their house, and Leroy got up immediately and alerted his children that a fire broke out inside their house.

The family was able to rush out of the house, but unfortunately, Zippy got trap inside the house amidst the huge fire and smoke.

During an interview with FOX13 News, Leroy said, “The floor in the living room was all on fire so there was nowhere for him to run out. Even if the smoke was this high. He was a short little dog. There was nowhere for him to go.”

When the firefighters found Zippy inside the house, he was already dead.

Leroy said Zippy was a very good dog.

The reason behind the fire is still unknown.

The Bradenton Fire Department said the fire spread from an attic space near the air conditioning unit to the rest of the house.

The house of Leroy was completely destroyed.

FacebookTwitterInstagramPinterestLinkedInGoogle+YoutubeRedditDribbbleBehanceGithubCodePenEmailWhatsappEmail
×
facebook
Hit “Like” to follow us and stay tuned for the latest news