Tomato is a powerhouse of nutritional benefits, which provides almost 20 % of the daily vitamin intake required, per serving, that is necessary for maintaining good health. Besides health benefits, tomato can be used in a number of ways to enhance your beauty. It is considered to be the panacea of skin. The lycopene which is found in abundance in tomatoes will give you a healthy and beautiful skin.
The beauty secrets of tomato are being talked about all over the World. By consuming tomatoes and tomato products, you enable your skin to suck in more of oxygen which defer ageing of your skin and makes it less prone to wrinkles. It not only helps in providing brighter skin complexion but also make your skin tighter and prettier.
Benefits of tomatoes for skin include the following:
- If you consume tomato and tomato products abundantly, the lycopene content in your skin will increase and naturally, your skin will look younger.
- Tomatoes contain a high amount of Vitamin C, which is known to brighten skin.
- Tomatoes are helpful in reducing sun tan marks caused by the ultraviolet rays of the sun. The higher contents of lycopene, which acts as a natural sunscreen protect the skin from harsh UV rays.
- Tomatoes and tomato products enable your skin to take in more oxygen which delays the process of ageing by preventing the formation of wrinkles.
- The simple massage of tomato pulp on the skin works wonders. You can simply make it at home without any extra cost.
- According to studies, lycopene contained in the tomatoes and tomato products is protective against the risk of cancer.
And with the below given ‘natural beauty tomato masks’ that you can easily prepare at home, you can make your skin brighter with a natural glow and say no to ageing!
1. Wash a tomato of a medium size and peel off its skin. Then plane it, extract and strain its water content. Then add flour and mix until you obtain a paste. Apply the mask, which is now a paste, on your face and keep it for 5 minutes. Then rinse with warm water. If you complain about the dryness of your skin, you can apply the mask on your face in the same manner after adding some olive oil.
2. Take one tomato and one lemon. Squeeze out their juice and mix them well in a bowl. Apply this mixture lightly onto your face using your fingers and let it sit on your face for about 30 minutes or so, then wash your face. This will help in tightening your skin and delay the ageing of your skin. In case you are having dry skin then add a little honey or olive oil to this natural tomato face mask.
3. Mix thoroughly freshly squeezed the juice of tomato, orange and cucumber. Apply this face mask at night before you sleep. Wait for 30 minutes then wash your face. This helps in diminishing pigmentation marks on your skin along with improving your skin complexion.
4. Treat Open Pores – Add four drops of tomato juice to 1 tablespoon of water and apply it on your face with the help of a cotton ball. Gently massage your skin with this mixture and leave it on for 15 minutes. Regular application of this will shrink the pore size.