Chinese Man Found With Over 700 Tapeworms In Chest, Lungs, And Brain After Eating Undercooked Meat

A 43-year-old Chinese man was brought to the hospital after he started to have extreme headaches and started to suffer seizures. Scans later found out that he had over 700 tapeworms living inside his body.

43-year-old Zhu Zhon-Fa from the Zheijiang province of East China started to have headaches and eventually seizures a month before he decided to go to the doctors.

Initially, Zhu blamed a hotpot that he ate.

At first, doctors had no idea what was happening with Zhu.

Zhu went to the First Affiliated Hospital of College of Medicine, Zhejiang University.

Dr. Wang Jiang-rong, a member of the department of infectious diseases, asked Zhu to go through a number of tests.

The tests revealed that Zhu had taeniasis.

The tests found that Zhu had over 700 tapeworms across his body.

The doctors said tapeworms are brought in by eating infected meat, especially pork if it is not cooked properly.

During an interview with the press, Dr. Wang said, “There are multiple presences of space-occupying lesions in the patient’s brain.”

Dr. Wang added, “It’s also in the lungs and fills up the muscles inside the chest cavity.”

Dr. Wang explained that the tapeworms that were living inside his body damaged the organs of Mr. Zhu.

Mr. Zhu said he remembers eating a hotpot a month before he got sick.

He believes the meat in the hotpot might not have been cooked properly when he ate it.

Talking about eating meat, Dr. Wang said, “We tend to have a lot of meat-based meals in our daily lives, like roast lamb and roast pork.”

Dr. Wang added, “If it’s undercooked, the tapeworm eggs will stay alive when ingested.”

Dr. Wang continued, “And if you have had the uncooked meat, there’s a chance that the tapeworms can travel through the body and inflict different diseases.”

Tapeworm infections are pretty normal in Asian countries, especially in the countries that love to eat meat.

You can avoid getting tapeworm infections by making sure that the food you eat is clean and cooked properly.

Tapeworm eggs get into the central nervous systems, and they usually end up causing neurological symptoms such as headaches, seizures, and more.

FacebookTwitterInstagramPinterestLinkedInGoogle+YoutubeRedditDribbbleBehanceGithubCodePenEmailWhatsappEmail
×
facebook
Hit “Like” to follow us and stay tuned for the latest news