Toothbrush Removed From Indian Man’s Stomach After He Accidentally Swallowed It While Brushing

Don’t go that deep!

A toothbrush had to be removed from the stomach of an Indian man through surgery after he accidentally swallowed it while he was brushing his teeth.

The man, whose identity was not shared with the public, was brushing the back of his throat on when the incident happened.

The incident happened on September 15, 2020.

According to reports, the 39-year-old man, who is from Pasighat, India, was left in shock when the toothbrush slipped and disappeared down his throat.

The man did not feel any pain in the incident, said the doctors.

The doctors that were treating him could not find the missing dental hygiene tool in the throat of the man, hence, he was referred to a bigger hospital, where he had to go through a number of scans.

The patient was brought to the Bakin Pertin General Hospital in Uttar Pradesh, where he received a throat scan.

X-rays failed to detect the toothbrush because it was plastic, which is why Dr. Bomni Tayen, a surgeon at the Bakin Pertin General Hospital, believed that the toothbrush had entered the stomach.

An exploratory laparotomy was done and the toothbrush was found by the doctors.

Dr. Tayen said that the man’s condition could have become fatal if the toothbrush was left there.

The surgery only lasted for 30 minutes, confirmed the hospital.

The man survived and is taking oral fluids.

He was discharged from the hospital on September 21, 2020.

Hit “Like” to follow us and receive latest news