Indian Son Heartlessly Tortured And Starved Own Mother To Death In Dubai For Not Looking After His Daughter

A 29-year-old Indian man and his 28-year-old Indian Wife are on trial for starving and torturing the man’s mother to death.

Authorities in Dubai did not reveal the names of the accused.

Investigations revealed that the couple starved and tortured the man’s mother insider their house in Al Ghusais until she weighed only 29 kilograms.

The couple did horrific things to her because she was not looking after her granddaughter. The husband and wife starved and tortured her until she passed away in October 2018.

A neighbor who helped rescue the old woman said, “I was in the laundry area when I saw an elderly woman looking miserable … there were signs of burns on her body. I asked her what had happened, but she refused to answer and left.”

A neighbor of the couple who is also Indian testified against the two, the neighbor said that she met the wife in the building and she told her that her mother-in-law is living with them and came from India so she could look after their daughter.

The neighbor added that the wife also told her that her mother-in-law was not changing their daughter’s diapers.

The neighbor continued, “After a few days, I was in the laundry area when I saw the an elderly woman looking miserable and pitiful. There were signs of burns on her body as she was wearing a sari. I asked her what happened but she refused to answer and left.”

When authorities weighed the woman after she was brought to the hospital last year, she only weighed 29 kilograms.

The neighbor then decided to report what she saw to the security guard of the building. After searching every apartment in the building, the security guard came across the apartment of the Indian couple and saw the old woman on the floor.

The neighbor said, “The man was standing near her and he said that she was his mother. He claimed that she didn’t want to sleep on the bed. I called for an ambulance as the woman was in critical condition. I tried to fix her clothes but her sari was stuck to her burned body and she was crying in pain.”

The paramedic who attended the old woman said, “She was crying in pain. I asked her son what caused the burns and he said that she had poured hot water on herself. He didn’t even help us carry her to the wheelchair. The neighbors helped.”

The old woman was brought to a hospital but was transferred to the Rashid Hospital. She passed away one month later.

The autopsy report of the woman showed that the woman, who was still in her 50s, sustained multiple burn injuries and broken bones.

The woman weighed 29-kilograms when she was brought to the hospital. Reports confirmed that the woman was starved and tortured for months.

The Indian couple denied the charges that are placed against them.

The next court hearing for the case will take place on July 3, 2019. Until the date comes, the husband and wife will stay in police custody.

Hit “Like” to follow us and receive latest news