Naughty 12-Year-old Boy Nearly Sets Home On Fire After Getting Magnifying Glass As Present For Christmas

A story is currently viral on social media right now and it’s really scary.

A naughty 12-year-old boy nearly set their house on fire after getting a magnifying glass as a present for Christmas this year.

Yes, they managed to do that.

The mother of Cayden, the 12-year-old boy, explained that her son had asked for a magnifying glass for Christmas this year.

The boy loves reading, so the parents thought that he will be using the gift for reading, but, things went differently.

The parents had no idea that the boy was going to use the glass for some science experiments.

Talking about the incident, the mother of Cayden said:

We thought it was for reading, but instead he tried to see if he could light a fire with it! We discovered that he and his two brothers went out on the driveway to see if they could burn a couple holes in some newspaper. Everything was under control until the boys came running into the house telling us that a corner of the lawn was on fire and the Christmas lights were melting!

The little boy and his brother managed to set a newspaper on fire, but after the wind blew some of the embers on the lawn, a massive fire erupted.

The grass reportedly caught on fire.

The whole family went running outside their house after realizing something was wrong.

Luckily, the sprinklers of the lawn were activated and the fire was controlled.


Nissa-Lynn Parson, from Texas, the mother of the kids, said:

What a sight to see – a bunch of people running around crazy trying to put a front lawn fire out while wearing matching Christmas jammies!

The mother said that the entire incident was just an accident.

Luckily, no one was injured in the incident and the blaze was controlled before anything unfortunate could happen.

The mother also said that parents should not buy magnifying glass for their children.

Hit “Like” to follow us and receive latest news