The family of a 15-year-old girl who died while trying to take part of the “Benadryl Challenge” for TikTok is sending out a warning for everyone.
It is reported that 15-year-old Chloe Phillips, a sophomore at the Blanchard High-School in Oklahoma, overdosed on the drug on August 21, 2020.
She was taking part in the TikTok challenge to film herself hallucinating from the drug.
Janette Sissy Leasure, the great-aunt of Chloe, said that the TikTok challenge needs to be stopped because it is taking kids to the hospital.
The 15-year-old victim of the challenge was a happy and smart young lady.
The family said that the 15-year-old girl had a lot of plans for her future.
In a plea that she sent out for kids and parents, she said:
Don’t let it take any more kids. I don’t want to see any families go through what we are going through right now. Don’t ever say this can’t happen to you. Kids are like, ‘the other person was okay, so I’ll be okay.’ Try to always know what your kids are doing or taking.
Scott Schaeffer, director of the Oklahoma Center for Poison and Drug Information, sent out a warning for this stunt.
Scott said that teens should take the death of Chloe seriously and added that the drug is life-threatening without proper prescription.
Benadryl is capable of causing seizures and a number of heart problems.
The heart goes out of rhythm and fails to pump blood properly, which can sometimes cause heart failures and other types of heart problems.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of Chloe, may her soul rest in peace.