23-Month-Old Boy Bled To Death After Swallowing Battery That Stayed Inside His Body For 4 Days

A 23-month-old boy bled to death after accidentally swallowing a button battery that burned through his organs.

The battery stayed inside the body of the boy for 4 straight days.

The battery burned through his esophagus, intestines, and aorta, which caused fatal bleeding to the boy, resulting in death eventually.

Jonathon Huff, the boy, was from North Carolina, USA. They passed away on December 20, 2020, after eating the battery.

The parents did not noticed that the boy had eaten the battery.

The parents, Jacki Fuff and AJ Huff believed that the boy just had viral infection.

The boy had high temperature and nosebleeds.

After 2 trips to the doctor, the toddler had started to vomit blood and fell unconscious.

The toddler passed away and an autopsy was ordered. The results found that there was as button battery in his intestines.

The battery was from a key finder remote.

His parents – physician assistant Jackie Huff, 35, and 34-year-old paramedic AJ Huff – initially thought that their son had viral infection and nothing more.

The parents of Johnathan are currently sharing the incident on social media and raising awareness that button batteries should be kept away from the kids.

Jackie, who is from Greensboro, North Carolina, said:

Johnathan’s passing has been devastating. It’s not the way that life’s supposed to go. As morbid as it sounds, Johnathan should be picking where we would be buried, hopefully decades from now, not the other way round. How do you pick a nice spot in the ground for your child? When we had Johnathan after [his four-year-old brother] Michael my mommy heart was complete. It’s just such a shocking blow to go from being this perfect little family to neither of us having any idea what we’re supposed to do now.

The autopsy revealed that a battery was found in the intestines of the boy and the cause of death was recorded as  haemorrhage into the gastrointestinal tract and esophageal and aortic wall erosion.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of the boy, may his soul rest in peace.

Hit “Like” to follow us and receive latest news