The speculation surrounding the wedding of Indian cricketer Virat Kohli and Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma has been doing rounds on the internet. While there have been talks of the couple tying the knot in Italy. It’s still not clear if there will be a December wedding for Virat and Anushka.
Both were at the peaks of their career and absolutely good with their personal lives. They gave us some serious couple goals altogether. Reports of a luxury hotel confirming elaborate wedding plans have only fueled these speculations. Before that, the pre-wedding celebrations will be on in full swing in Tuscany.
While details of the wedding have been closely guarded, it has come to light that the couple will exchange their vows in an intimate ceremony, surrounded by their closest friends, family, and a few neighbors.
While everyone thought no one from the cricketing fraternity is attending the wedding, but reports claim that Virat has first invited Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar and Yuvraj Singh whereas Anushka Sharma sent her first invitation to Bollywood director Aditya Chopra and Shah Rukh Khan.
Amid all the speculation about Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma wedding in, here comes the proof that the duo is getting hitched for sure. As of now, here are the mean facts on what has happened so far:
1. Initial reports said that the wedding was to take place in Milan, but looks like the Borgo Finocchieto resort near Tuscany is where Virat and Anushka’s marriage celebrations are taking place.
2. The luxury resort where Virat and Anushka are to tie the knot is an 800-year-old restored village. The place has massive historical importance too. The village that was restored and is now called Borgo Finocchieto, is on the road that the medieval pilgrims took on their way from Canterbury to Rome.
3. Anushka’s family priest, Maharaj Anant Baba of Anant Dham Atmabodh Ashram in Haridwar, also accompanied them to Europe.
4. The registration is likely to take place sometime before December 27, because Virat is expected to fly to South Africa along with the Indian cricket team on that date.
5. Sources told India Today that ‘Virushka’, as the couple is fondly called, is to register their marriage at the Bandra family court on January 4. Anushka has apparently already picked up the registration forms for that date.
6. In the wee hours of December 8, Virat and Anushka, along with their families, flew off to Italy. While Anushka took off from Mumbai, on board a Swiss Air flight, along with her parents, brother Karnesh, Virat made a hasty exit from the Delhi airport.
7. The Borgo Finocchieto is where the Obamas too went on a vacation earlier this year. It is a place that is quite popular with celebrities.
8. In 2014, in an interview to Harper’s Bazaar Bride, Anushka said that if she were to have a destination wedding, she would want it to be traditional, and somewhere close to nature: “in a vineyard, perhaps,” Sharma was quoted as saying. Her wedding now seems in tandem with the kind of a ceremony she wanted.
9. Reportedly, the dates were finalized when the couple was in Sri Lanka, in August this year. As netizens were going gaga over pictures of their gardening date, their families met and discussed their wedding dates. Anushka’s family priest then zeroed in on a December wedding. However, Virat and Anushka decided to keep the news under wraps.
10. Kohli’s childhood coach, Rajkumar Sharma, who is also the coach of the Under-23 Delhi team, excused himself from a crucial match on December 7, citing a wedding. When asked whose wedding he was attending, he said that his ‘nephew’ was getting married. Rajkumar Sharma also flew out with Virat.
11. Designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee was spotted exiting Anushka’s house a few days ago. It sparked rumors that he might design her wedding trousseau.
12. Rumours of a December wedding for Virat and Anushka first began doing the rounds when the cricketer opted out of the Test match and the limited-overs series against Sri Lanka in December citing ‘personal reasons’. Virat also said that he was looking forward to having a break.
13. Incidentally, Anushka Sharma confessed to India Today last year that marriage is on her agenda, “Obviously marriage is on the cards, but when, that I’m not sure of.”
14. Sparks flew between Virat and Anushka during the shooting of a shampoo commercial in 2013. Since then, the couple has been making us fall in love with their oh-so-adorable displays of affection.
15. Bhangra dancers were spotted entering the Borgo Finocchieto on Saturday, as a sound of dhol beats wafted across the property. The Borgo Finocchieto is just an hour from Italy’s wine capital, Montalcino. The resort is surrounded by rolling lawns and vineyards.
What do you about these things that prove Virat and Anushka got hitched? Share your views with us in the comments section below.