Texas Man Accidentally Shoots Himself In The Heart With Nail Gun And Miraculously Survives

A Texas man accidentally shot himself in the heart with a nail gun and lived!

Aaron, the Texas man, is an experienced carpenter and a furniture maker, who has over 20 years of experience in carpentry, got in trouble when he was framing a wall.

Last month, Aaron was putting up some framing for a wall when he accidentally shot himself in the heart with a nail gun.

Aaron said the hose of the nail gun got stuck, and when he went to move it, the gun went off and shot a 3-inch nail into his chest.

During an interview, Aaron said, “Something told me to pull the nail. I reached down, pulled the nail out, put my hand up and thought, ‘I’m going to die.’”

Aaron called Brian, his co-worker, and told him about what happened.

Brian then called Liz, the wife of Aaron, and told her what happened.

Liz told Brian to hang up the phone and call 911 right away.

Brain reportedly told the operators that his co-worker shot a framing nail right into his chest, “right into his heart area.”

Rhonda Ritchy, who works with the Montgomery County Hospital District EMS, was one of the paramedics that arrived on the scene to help Aaron.

Rhonda said, “We knew Aaron was in a lot of trouble, a lot of trouble.”

Dr. Timothy Hodges, a trauma doctor who treated Aaron, said he focused in the operating room to keep Aaron alive.

Dr. Hodges knew Aaron and his wife even before the accident happened.

Dr. Hodges said, “You look at a patient, and you can tell when they’re not doing well, and when they’re doing well, and he was not doing well.”

Aaron pulled out the nail by himself, which is not recommended by the doctors.

But Dr. Hodges thinks pulling out the nail out of his chest may have saved his life this time.

During an interview with Liz, she said, “When Dr. Hodges walked through the door and hugged me and told me that he was out and that he was doing fine, that’s when I knew that Aaron was going to be OK.”

Aaron thanked everyone who responded to their emergency call.

He said, “The best of the best was all there that day and was able to take care of me. From the ambulance drivers who did amazing jobs to everybody who was in the surgery.”

Aaron is now fully recovered and is now ready to go back to work.

Hit “Like” to follow us and stay tuned for the latest news