According to reports, a babysitter allowed a 3-month-old baby to fall under the water while she was taking a bath after taking a prescription medication and fell asleep.
39-year-old Ashley N. Zamora was reportedly holding the 3-month-old baby boy when she was taking a bath.
Zamora allowed the infant to slip under the water for an unknown amount of time.
The incident happened after Zamora took prescription medication and fell asleep with the 3-month-old baby boy in the tub.
When Zamora was asked by the police, she said she was watching the 3-month-old baby when she took her prescription medication before getting in the bath.
The incident happened in Louisiana, USA.
As Zamora held the baby, she fell asleep.
The police said she was holding the baby, who later submerged underwater for an unknown amount of time.
The police said the baby was airlifted to a hospital.
The baby is currently in a stable condition.
In a statement that was released by the Calcsieu Parish Sheriff’s Office, they said, “Due to the totality of the circumstances surrounding the incident detectives believe Zamora was under the influence.”
The 39-year-old babysitter was brought to a hospital to have her blood drawn for a toxicology report, which will tell what type of drugs she took.
The police did not release the results of the toxicology report of the 39-year-old woman.
The police confirmed that they arrested Zamora and charged her with cruelty to a minor.
The 39-year-old is currently being held in the Calcasieu Correctional Center, and her bond is pending.