Vape Explodes Inside Backpack Of Woman, Burns 20 Percent Of Her Body

A woman from California had her vape pen explode in her backpack, leaving her bag on fire, injuring 20 percent of her body.

The woman, whose identity was not shared with the public, was shopping at a Rite Aid drugstore in California when the pen exploded and set light to her clothing.

After the pen exploded, the staff at the drugstore tried to stop the fire from spreading, but they failed.

As a result, the fire burned 20 percent of her body.

Images of the devastating fire have been shared with the public, and it shows the right stomach of the woman burned.

Other images show her burnt bag, burnt hoodie, and her vape pen destroyed.

Talking about the incident, Battalion Chief Josh Janssen said the woman was treated at the scene before being taken to a hospital in the area.

Chief Josh said, “We received multiple reports of a female on fire in a local Rite Aid. While responding to the incident, we received updated information that the fire was caused by a vape pen that had exploded inside the female’s backpack.”

The Chief added, “Upon arrival at the incident, we found the patient’s upper clothing to be significantly burned and the female had approximately 20 percent burn surface area – first and second-degree burns.”

The chief continued, “She was treated on scene and transported to a local burns center.”

The current health condition of the woman is still unknown.

Hit “Like” to follow us and receive latest news