40 CRPF Men Killed In Terrorist Attack Kashmir India

40 CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force) men were killed in a terrorist attack at Awantipora a District in Pulwama Jammu and Kashmir, many were also injured after the bomb blast happened on Thursday. This terrorist attack has been called the worst terrorist attack in the state that targeted the police. According to some reports, the terrorists used a Mahindra Scorpio which carried more than 350 kg of explosives for the bomb blast.

Those who got injured in the terrorist attack have been transferred to an army hospital that is located in Srinagar a place that is 20km away from Awantipora. Jaish-e-Mohammed have claimed the attack, they are a terrorist group that is based in Pakistan.

The Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorists triggered the bomb when 78 vehicles that contained over 2,500 CRPF men were present on the highway of Srinagar and Jammu. The state government called this a “serious breach” in their security measures.

Photographs went viral on Facebook, twitter, and other social media platforms that showed the remains of the burnt vehicles and some body parts of those men who were killed in the terrorist attack.

Officials said that the attack was carried out by Adil Ahmad Dar also known as “Waqas Commando”, he is a resident of Kakapora, he joined the terrorist group last year.

A statement that was released by the government of Jammu said: “Pakistan stopped supporting terrorists and terror groups operating from their territory.” The center also appealed to the “international community to support the proposal to list terrorists, including Jaish-e-Mohammed Chief Masood Azhar, as a designated terrorist under the 1267 Sanctions Committee of the UN Security Council.”

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi tweeted: “The attack on CRPF personnel in Pulwama is despicable. I strongly condemn this dastardly attack. The sacrifices of our brave security personnel shall not go in vain. The entire nation stands shoulder to shoulder with the families of the brave martyrs. May the injured recover quickly.”

Rajnath Singh the Union Home Minister said: “We completely understand our responsibilities… will take whatever action is necessary.” He is set to visit Srinagar today to take a look at the situation there, he also promised that they will not be quite this time and will give a strong response to the terror attack.

The bus that was affected the most after the bomb exploded had 39 personnel in it, bullet marks also showed that terrorists may have fired after the explosion happened.

The convoy transported the police personnel at once because of the bad weather that was present in Jammu and Kashmir which led to the shutdown of the Srinagar-Jammu Highway. The convoy left Jammu by 3:30 Am.

The National Investigation Agency will take in charge of the probe that will be done for the terrorist attack, the Jammu and Kashmir Police will also help in the probe.

This has been considered as the most worst terrorist attack that took place in Jammu and Kashmir since the century started. In 2001, three terrorists rammed a Tata Sumo with dangerous explosives that killed 38 people in the Jammu and Kashmir State Legislative Assembly complex.

In 2016, four armed terrorists targeted an army headquarters that killed 19 men. The Indian army responded with a cross-border that destroyed a couple of terrorist’s launch pads.

 

FacebookTwitterInstagramPinterestLinkedInGoogle+YoutubeRedditDribbbleBehanceGithubCodePenEmailWhatsappEmail
×
facebook
Hit “Like” to follow us and stay tuned for the latest news