10-Year-Old Girl Is Fighting For Her Life After Being Bitten By King Brown Snake While Sleeping In Her Bed
A 10-year-old girl is currently fighting for her life after she was bitten by a highly venomous king brown snake 2 times when she was sleeping on her bed.
The girl, who is from Alice Springs is currently recovering in the ICU after paramedics rushed to her house at Desert Springs.
According to reports, the incident happened on 10pm of Monday this week.
She was bitten on both her feet by the one meter long snake.
Reports suggest she is currently in a stable condition.
Rex Neindorf, a snake catcher, was called to the house.
Rex said that the girl is a lucky person because she survived and is recovering so well.
The snake catcher added:
She was asleep in the bed and the snake had gotten into the bed as well, so when she stretched her legs out she touched it and as soon as she did it unfortunately bit her. She’s then gone to move the snake away, still half asleep and the snake has bitten her on the other foot.
King Brown Snakes are one of the very deadliest snakes in the world.
Talking about the girl, Rex said:
She’s very lucky. The family did all the right things, the paramedics and hospital were all fantastic. She’s an amazingly brave girl. She wasn’t crying when I arrived.
The 10-year-old girl still has some nausea and vomiting.
She is recovering well.
It is still unclear on how long she will be staying in the hospital for treatment.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of the girl and the girl herself, may she recover fast.