A 3-year-old girl from Australia was saved by her grandmother, who many are calling a hero after the little one was bitten by a lethal snake as they were playing in their backyard.
Lucia Carna, the girl, accidentally stepped on the deadly animal in her grandmother’s garden.
The incident happened in Mandurah, Western Australia.
Screengrabs from the home security footage show the toddlers screaming and running towards her grandmother Jill.
The woman gave first aid to her kid, and the doctors said that her fast act saved the life of the young one.
The experts believed that the little girl was bitten by a dugite, which is considered to be one of the most venomous snakes in the entire world.
The mother of Lucia talked about the incident and urged other parents to know what they should do in case such an incident happens to them.
The mother said:
What we were told at the hospital was that mum’s actions immediately after had made a massive difference. When that phone call came through, that you don’t ever want to get, that your child, something’s happened. My thought was: ‘Mum can handle that’. If it can happen here it can happen really happen anywhere.
The girl is currently recovering in the hospital.
What are your thoughts about this? Let us know what you think about this story by leaving a comment in the comments section below!