15-Year-Old Mongolian Boy Dies After Contracting The Bubonic Plague

A 15-year-old boy from Mongolia died after reportedly contracting the bubonic plague.

The 15-year-old boy was infected with the deadly bacteria after eating a marmot with 2 other people.

Marmots are a type of rodent and are known to be the heaviest members of the rodent family.

If not treated, the bacteria can cause death in just 24 hours.

It is reported that the boy died 3 days after being infected.

The National Centre for Zoonotic Diseases of Mongolia said that the boy was located in the western Mongolian province of Govi-Altai.

Dozens of people that have been in contact with the teen have been quarantined.

Not only that, but a lockdown has also been introduced in 5 districts in Mongolia to stop the spread of the bubonic plague.

Hit “Like” to follow us and receive latest news