7 People Die After Drinking Hand Sanitizer When Alcohol Ran Out At A Party In Russia

7 people have passed away after drinking hand sanitizer when alcohol reportedly ran out at a party in Russia.

It has been reported that a group of 9 people drank the antiseptic hand wash when booze ran out at a party.

The incident happened on Thursday in Tomtor Village, which is located in the Tattinsky district of the country’s largest region, Yakutia.

The first 3 victims have been reported to be 2 men, who are aged 27 and 59, along with a woman, who is 41 years old.

The 6 other victims were flown by a medical evacuation aircraft to the regional capital Yakutsk.

On Friday this week, 3 more died.

The 3 people, who are aged 28, 32, and 69, were killed after digesting hand sanitizers.

On November 21, 2020, one more death was confirmed by the local authorities.

Rospotrebnadzor, a public health organization, released a statement about the incident, where they said that 9 cases of poisoning caused by hand sanitizers have been registered.

7 of the cases were fatal, said the organization.

The regional state prosecutor confirmed the incident and said that the poisoning happened as a result of “drinking sanitizer”.

Investigations found out that the people that attended the party ended up drinking hand sanitizers, which had 69 percent methanol.

The hand sanitizers that they digested were sold as hand cleaners during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

The police have confirmed that a criminal case has been launched.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims, may they rest in peace, and may the others recover.

Hit “Like” to follow us and receive latest news