Union Public Service Commission made the Combined Defence Services examination public on 8th August. The commission conducts the CDS exam twice a year and the second test would be organised on 18th November. For that, the registration procedure is commenced and candidates can apply online till 3rd September.
CDS 2 2018 Notification
Vacancies to be filled through this examination are as follows:
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun – 100,
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala – 45,
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad – 32,
- Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Men) – 225 and
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai (Women) – 12.
Before moving to application submission procedure, candidates must check out complete notification available on upsc.gov.in.
CDS 2 Eligibility Criteria
- For IMA: Candidates born not earlier than 2nd July 1995 and not later than 1st July 2000 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy: born not earlier than 2nd July 1995 and not later than 1st July 1999 i.e. candidate’s age must be between 20 to 24 years as on 1st July 2019.
- For Indian Naval Academy: born not earlier than 2nd July 1995 and not later than 1st July 2000,
- For OTA (SSC Course for men): born not earlier than 2nd July 1994 and not later than 1st July 2000,
- For OTA (SSC Women Non-Technical Course): born not earlier than 2nd July 1994 and not later than 1st July 2000.
- For Air Force Academy: Candidate must possess the degree of the recognised university and passed 10+2 with Physics or mathematics or complete Bachelor of Engineering.
- For Indian Naval Academy: must have qualified Engineering from any of the recognised University.
- For Indian Military Academy and Officers’ Training Academy – Degree from any of the recognised Institution.
Candidates need to apply online using the website www.upsconline.nic.in. The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for admission to the examination.
- Candidates need to pay a fee of Rs. 200/-.
- Female/ SC/ ST candidates are exempted from the fee payment.
- Fee can be paid either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card.
Stay Tuned With ALL INDIA ROUNDUP.