Lionel Messi broke yet more Spanish football history on Saturday night. The Argentine’s hat-trick in Barcelona’s 5-1 win over Sevilla saw him become La Liga’s all-time top goalscorer with 253 goals. Lionel Messi is no stranger to breaking records, but the Argentinean superstar reached two significant landmarks this week. While he became the most prolific man in European Cup history Tuesday with a hat-trick against APOEL. It is the latest in a long line of records broken by the 27-year-old in his quest to become the greatest player of all time.
While the Barcelona star may have smashed more records than a bull in HMV, there are still several milestones that he has yet to reach. Here are 10 of them.
10 Milestones That Lionel Messi Has Yet to Reach
- Fernando Gomes scored 288 for Porto, Eusebio managed 319 at Benfica, and Gerd Muller found the net 365 times in league play for Bayern Munich. The European record, however, lies with Hamburg legend Uwe Seeler, who bagged 404 goals in 476 games. At Messi’s current rate of 0.88 goals per league game, he would need to play another 131 league games with Barcelona to match Seeler’s tally.
- Messi’s hat-trick against APOEL on Tuesday was his 28th for Barcelona. This equalled the tally achieved by Alfredo Di Stefano at Real Madridand puts him three behind Telmo Zarra. Therefore, with another three hat-tricks, Messi will equal the record for Spanish players and break the La Liga record.
- Messi has managed 45 goals for Argentina in 96 outings. However, the Albiceleste’s all-time top scorer is Gabriel Batistuta, who scored an impressive 56 goals in 78 games. With 11 goals required to close the gap, it seems likely that Messi will become Argentina’s all-time top scorer.
- Messi may have overtaken Raul as the all-time European Cup top scorer, but he still lags behind the Real Madrid legend in terms of goals scored in all European competitions. Raul’s tally stands at 76, while Messi has 75.
- Messi has won the Spanish Cup twice and scored 29 goals in the competition. Athletic Club legend Zarra, however, won it five times and scored an incredible 81 goals in the tournament during his career.
- He has made 289 appearances over 11 seasons. His teammate Xavi has made 483 appearances for Barcelona, and Iker Casillas has turned out 488 times for Real Madrid. But the record stands with Raul, who played 550 games for Los Blancos over 16 seasons. he would need to play a further seven seasons in Catalunya to match the record.
- Messi has won six La Liga titles with the Blaugrana, putting him on equal measure with his former manager Pep Guardiola and Andres Iniesta.
- Messi has won three times, Ferenc Puskas won it four times, and Alfredo Di Stefano received the honour five times, but Zarra earned it a record six times. So, Messi will need to double his Pichichi collection to equal the Athletic Club legend.
- His finest European Cup season was 2011-12, when he managed 15 goals in 12 appearances. This record, however, was surpassed by his contemporary Cristiano Ronaldo last season. He managed 17 goals in just 11 appearances. so he has a maximum of eight games remaining to score 11 goals and take the record.
- His record of 50 league goals may be unmatched in Spain, but it has been bettered elsewhere on the continent. Ferenc Deak, who scored a whopping 66 goals for Hungarian side Szentlorinci in 1945-46. Messi would need to average 1.74 goals per game to match that record. This season, he is currently averaging 0.83.
Press CTRL+D right now to bookmark this website. Here we provide you information about the movie gossips round the film industry. Generalawareness infortation about the every thing is available here. All previous Question papers for SSC, RRB, IBPS, IAS (civils), Groups, IES are available in www.allindiaroundup.com. Here we provide all the information about Job notification, Admit cards for exams, Materials and previous question papers for exams, Results declared. Stay tuned for this website for more updates.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you feel you need any information for your preparation.Any queries please comment below, we will get back to you with the appropriate information as early as possible. We are inviting candidates to give us a feedback on every article you read and how that helped you. So, that we can improve our approach and reach the visitors in much attractive and better manner.