Australia galloped to 354-6 at stumps on Day 1 of the first Test against India in Adelaide, on a day where cricket remembered Phillip Hughes, the batsman who had died on the eve of the series. The match began with 63 seconds of applause for Hughes, who died after being hit with a bouncer almost two weeks ago while 63 not out. Australia were 354 for six at the close after winning the toss in the first Test against India at the Adelaide Oval on Tuesday.
Australia finish of 354/6, courtesy a scintillating ton from David Warner (145). Michael Clarke (60) too looked in fine touch until a back strain forced him to retire hurt. Steve Smith carried the Australian innings forward and is unbeaten on 72. For India, Ishant Sharma was the best bowler of the day, finishing with figures of 1/56. Varun Aaron (2/95) and Mohammed Shami (2/83) rounded off frustrating starts with late wickets. With an set Steve Smith in the middle and Mitchell Johnson still to come, Aussies are in command despite some late stutter. Onus on Indian bowlers to strike early on Day 2 and wrap up the Aussie tail. An interesting Day 2 ahead.
- FOUR! Warner continues to play through covers on a swift outfield. He moves on to 94. Aus 161/2.
- Century for David Warner! What an emotional moment for the Aussie! He is almost in tears as he kisses the Australian logo on his helmet. Australia 171/2. Warner now has five centuries and three fifties in his last 10 innings. What a champion!
- FIFTY for Michael Clarke! It’s his 28th in Tests. Australia 182/2
- Karn Sharma is not enjoying a great debut. He can’t earn a vital breakthrough for his skipper and Warner is taking him on. Aus 233/2.
- Warner has moved on to 131 and has Steven Smith for company. Australia reach 238/2 at tea.
- Karn Sharma has started well in the final session. He brings an end to Warner’s scintillating knock of 145.
- The maiden Test wicket has given Karn Sharma an extra spring in his leg but Smith is going after him. Karn continues to toss it up. Interesting contest between the two. Aus 275/3.
- 300 comes up for Australia: Steve Smith brings up his 9th Test fifty while Marsh is also looking set for a milestone of his own.
- Surreal proceedings at Adelaide as Steve Smith reaches 63. The crowd breaks into a continuous applause. Smith looks skywards. Aus 336/2
- OUT! Mitchell Marsh (41) is gone, caught by Virat Kohli in the slips. Australia 345/4
- Oh dear! Varun Aaron is limping and Ishant is definitely tiring here. Just five overs to go in the day.
- OUT! Nightwatchman Nathan Lyon is gone for 3. Mohammed Shami cleans him up. Australia 352/5
- 354/6 (89.2) Overs
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you feel you need any information. Any queries please comment below, we will get back to you with the appropriate information as early as possible. We are inviting candidates to give us a feedback on every article you read and how that helped you. So, that we can improve our approach and reach the visitors in much attractive and better manner.
Press CTRL+D right now to bookmark this website. Here we provide you information about the movie gossips round the film industry. Updates about sports you can check here. Stay tuned for this website for more updates.