Passport officials will conduct melas and camps at passport seva kendras (PSKs) across Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. Passport Mela will be going to conducted in Vijayawada & Tirupati on 31th, Jan 2015 at PSK. However, this facility is only for applicants applying for fresh and re-issue of passports under normal category. Deputy Passport Officer L.Madan Mohan Reddy on Tuesday informed that Vijayawada PSK and Tirupati PSK will issue 600 online appointment slots each for mela. Below we have provided you all the details and registration process for the candidates who want to participate in this Mela.
Passport Mela in Vijayawada & Tirupati on 31th, Jan 2015:
A passport is a travel document, usually issued by the government of a nation, that certifies the identity and nationality (not citizenship) of its holder for the purpose of international travel. Standard passports contain the holder’s name, place and date of birth, photograph, signature, and other identifying information. Passports are moving towards including biometric information embedded in a microchip embedded in the document, making them machine-readable and difficult to counterfeit.
The online application and appointment system at the PSKs was aimed at cutting down waiting time for the applicants. Passport mela will be conducted at PSK – Pune, Surat, Vadodara II, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Thane, Nashik, Ranchi, Kolkata, Berhampore, Kollam, Bareilly on 31st Jan, 2015. The applicant will have to register and pay the required fee, before seeking an appointment. The applicants could also visit official site for information related to documents/formalities or they can contact 24X7 call centre on toll free number: 1800-258-1800 to get comprehensive information related to application submission.
How to Register for Passport Mela?
- To participate in this Passport Mela, all applicants have to log on to the Official Website
- Register on-line, generate ‘ARN’ [Application Registration Number], and pay online fees and then take appointment.
- Applicants participating in the mela should bring the print-out of ARN with appointment details, to the PSKs along with the requisite documents in originals, plus one set of self attested photocopies.
- Application under ‘PCC’ will not be accepted on this day.
- Walk-ins including On-Hold and Refuse Tokens will also not be entertained on that day.
Stay tuned with us for more updates on Passport Mela. Press CTRL+D right now to book mark this website.