A shocking CCTV video shows a 2-year-old Chinese boy riding an escalator when suddenly, the arm of the child gets sucked into a faulty escalator.
The mother of the 2-year-old boy could be seen bending over and was trying so hard to get her helpless son’s arm from the escalator.
Luckily, a security guard saw the incident and rushed towards them and pressed the emergency stop button that is placed at both ends of the escalator.
Reports suggest that the incident happened on July 5, 2019, at the City Star Shopping Center in Yuanjiang, China.
The security guard was seen weaving through the heavy crowd as he rushed to press the button, the guard prevented a catastrophic incident from happening.
The 2-year-old toddler had to stay with his right arm stuck in the gap between the steps and the elevator for 45 minutes.
The fire department officials were brought in so they could get the arm of the toddler out.
In the video, you could also hear the toddler crying, the footage also shows firefighters doing their best to comfort the toddler.
The firefighters also gave a pillow for the boy as he was laying down at the escalator while the rescuers tried to free his arm.
During an interview with Fireman Liu Cheng, he said, “By the time we arrived, his family was basically too stricken with panic to convey any effective information regarding how the accident happened. The boy himself wouldn’t stop crying. His entire arm was sucked into the escalator.”
He added, “In the end, we used hydraulic equipment to prise the steps apart. I comforted him and told him not to cry. He was quite brave and, I think, did his best to endure the pain.”
After the 2-year-old boy was freed, he was rushed to a hospital nearby in an ambulance.
Luckily, the 2-year-old boy did not sustain any major injuries such as broken bones or dislocations.
The officials are yet to release information about the health condition of the boy.