The cost of engineering education varies substantially across the country. Since nearly 0.8 million of the 1.01 million seats are in the unaided category, the average cost of pursuing a B.Tech is at least Rs. 4-6 lakhs for a full programme, a figure beyond the reach of a majority of the aspirants. Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad has come up with the scholarships and fellowships program to enable deserving candidates to pursue their education. Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad offers Merit-cum-Means Scholarship including freeship programme for all 1st Year, 2nd Year, 3rd Year & 4th Year B.Tech/Dual Degree/ Integrated M.Tech and 1st Year, 2nd year M.Sc / M.Sc.Tech, & MBA, students.
The applications are invited for the award of scholarship for the Session 2015-16. Students need submit their applications to the concerned office on or before the last date i.e., 10th September, 2015. The detailed information about the application process for the program is given below.
About Indian School of Mines (ISM), Dhanbad:
The Indian School of Mines (ISM) or IIT Dhanbad is an educational institute of India which is located at Dhanbad. It was established by British Indian Government on the lines of the Royal School of Mines – London, and was formally opened on 9th December, 1926. It has grown into a full-fledged technical institution having various departments. Indian School of Mines ISM offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs leading to the award of B.Tech, Dual Degree, Integrated M.Sc., Integrated M.Sc.Tech, M.Tech, M. Phil, M.Sc, M.Sc.Tech, Ph.D and MBA degrees. ISM admits its undergraduate students through JEE Advanced (previously IIT-JEE) which is jointly conducted by IITs and ISM. Indian School of Mines has 18 academic departments covering Engineering, Applied Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences and Management programs with a strong emphasis on scientific and technological education and research in the areas of Earth Sciences.
IISM Dhanbad Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Application 2015:
- a) Merit-cum-Means Scholarship offered to 25% of students, enrolled in each course with full freeship (exemption from tuition fees) and an amount Rs. 800 per month.
- b) Merit-cum-means freeship to 10% of students enrolled in each course. First year students are shortlisted on basis of qualifying exam with a minimum score of 60%.
Eligibility Criteria for ISM Scholarship Program 2015:
- Income of the Parents/Guardian should not be more than Rs. 4,50,000/- during the financial year ending 31.03.2015
- Applicant should have passed regular semester examination of the last session with minimum average GPA of 6.00 out of 10.00 (Xerox copy of last academic two semester GPA card must be attached). For students having Special examination, minimum GPA requirement is 7.00 out of 10. Students having disciplinary action against them will be debarred from award of Scholarship/ Freeship
Required Documents to be submitted:
- Income certificate of Parents/Guardian of the applicant issued from the office of Income certificate issuing authority (as per list attached) with proper seal must be submitted with application as a proof of their parent’s income.
- Copies of grade sheet of last two semesters.
- Copy of Fee receipt
- First Year students admitted through IIT JEE (Advanced) should submit copy of JEE Rank Card.
Applications in prescribed format available from the office of concerned hostels are invited for award of the scholarship so as to reach the office on or before 10.09.2015. Late Applications will not be allowed.