A 6-month-old baby girl from China is currently having seizures and was left with a deformed head after 2 full shampoo bottles, which fell down from a high-rise tower block, hit her directly.
Images that were shared by the family of the girl show the misshapen head after doctors diagnosed her with fractured parietal bones.
The 6-month-old girl and Ms. Lin, her mother, were reportedly out for a walk on May 11, 2020, when the accident happened.
According to reports, the horrible incident happened outside the Wanghaihui Jingyuan residential district in Shenzhen, which is located in the Guangdong Province of South China.
Mr. Gao, the father of the girl, said that the bottles of the shampoo plunged down the side of the residential building, which hit their daughter on the head.
After the bottles hit their girl, it knocked her out.
Recalling the incident, Mr. Gao said:
Two bottles of shampoo, each 750ml and full, hit my baby. She immediately lost consciousness and started seizing.
Witnesses helped Mr. Lin call an ambulance.
Emergency responders rushed the 6-month-old girl to the Shenzhen Children’s Hospital.
The hospital found out that the girl has bleeding in her brain, but her condition is currently stable.
Doctors at the hospital said the 6-month-old girl losses consciousness temporarily, has focusing problems and is showing concussion-like symptoms.
Liao Chuanpeng, a Paediatric Neurosurgeon, said:
The concern is that she may develop epilepsy, which is life-threatening to the child in the long term.
Mr. Gao, the father of the 6-month-old girl, said:
I’m most concerned that our child won’t survive this early stage. Even after that, there’s a possibility she may begin seizing again in the following three to four months. And we don’t know what sort of brain damage she has suffered, and how it’ll affect her development.
Authorities are yet to identify the person that threw the bottles out from the building.
There are around 170 households in the neighborhood, and the building has over 20 floors.
None of the residents admitted to owning the bottles that hit the 6-month-old girl.