There is a reason Shiva is called ‘The Devo ke Dev-Mahadev’. The tranquil-looking lord can turn into a destroyer, and can also be a Bholenath. He has multiple shades to his personality and is one god who can truly teach us the wisdom to live life. Here we listed few things which prove Lord Shiva Is The Ultimate Liberal God. Have a look!
1. He drank poison to save the universe.
2. From Kings to Aghoris, everyone can worship Shiva. He has no class barrier for His bhakts.
3. He is the only God who has appeared as a transgender in his Ardhanarishwar image.
4. He smokes pot and doesn’t mind if His bhakts smoke pot too.
5. Of the trinity, Shiva is the destroyer but He rarely exercises His powers because He is rarely angry.
Only twice has He shown His anger. For the first time it was when Sati died and the second time it was when Lord Kaamdev tried to break His meditation.
6. He doesn’t demand anything from His devotees and is pleased with the simplest of offerings.
7. Tantriks see Him as the God of sex. He takes no offence.
8. Devas, Manav, Asuras, Rakshashas, Danavs, Daityas, Yakshas, everyone bows before Him with respect.
9. His devotees can make an offering using their left hand. He doesn’t mind.
10. He doesn’t care about His attire. The cost of His garments is the lowest among all Gods.
11. He is the only God who is unperturbed by worldly pleasures even though married.
12. His love for His wife – Sati (in a previous avatar) and Parvati in her current – is unconditional and unparalleled.
13. His has compassion for all beings, including animals. This is why He is called Pashupatinath.
14. Shiva respects other Gods and never sees himself as superior to them.
15. Women both unmarried and married can worship Him
There are restrictions on age, gender, and marital status for women when it comes to worshipping other deities.