Minister of External Affairs Sushma Swaraj Confirms 5 Indian Nationals Killed In Sri Lanka Serial Blasts

5 Indian nationals were killed in the Sri Lanka terror blasts in Colombo on Easter Sunday, 4 hotels and 3 churches were targeted. The official death toll number has reached 290, officials added that around 500 people were injured in the bomb blasts.

The numbers were confirmed by Sushma Swaraj.

Sushma Swaraj, the Minister of External Affairs of India, tweeted, “Indian High Commission in Colombo has conveyed that National Hospital has informed them about the death of three Indian nationals. Their names are Lakshmi, Narayan Chandrashekhar, and Ramesh. We are ascertaining further details.”

Earlier today, the Indian High Commission in Colombo said, “We sadly confirm the deaths of the following two individuals in the blasts yesterday: – K G Hanumantharayappa – M Rangappa.”

2 of the bomb blasts were done by suicide bombers, the churches of St. Anthony’s, St. Sebastian’s, and Zion Church were targeted on Easter services.

The attacks were also done on 3 5-star hotels which are the Shangri La, Cinnamon Grand, and Kingsbury. Another hotel in Dehiwala Zoo and the Dehiwala Mount Lavinia were also attacked.

When a police team raided a home in Orugodawatta, a suicide bomber blew himself up, officials said that 3 police officers were killed during the raid.

No group has claimed the responsibility of the serial bomb blasts, so far, the police have arrested 24 people.

A nationwide curfew was announced on Sunday after the bomb blasts happened, but it was lifted earlier today.

FacebookTwitterInstagramPinterestLinkedInGoogle+YoutubeRedditDribbbleBehanceGithubCodePenEmailWhatsappEmail
×
facebook
Hit “Like” to follow us and stay tuned for the latest news