Summer is here, which means that mangos will be everywhere!! The delicious yellow and pulpy fruit will be sold out everywhere, the fruit is packed with nutrients and is known to be very healthy if you take it on a daily basis.
Based on fossils that were found, mangos were first seen 25-30 million years ago in the northeast part of India, Bangladesh, and Myanmar.
Mangoes are low in calories but are high in Fiber and is a good source of Vitamins A and C. The fruit also contains vitamin B6, iron, folate, calcium, vitamin, E, and zinc.
Mangoes are also known as a good source of antioxidants.
Mangoes Are Packed With Nutrients
Mangoes are low in calories, but did you know it has a lot of nutrients?
Per 165 grams of mango, you get:
- Calories: 99
- Protein: 1.4 grams
- Carbs: 24.7 grams
- Fat: 0.6 grams
- Dietary fiber: 2.6 grams
- Vitamin C: 67% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI)
- Copper: 20% of the RDI
- Folate: 18% of the RDI
- Vitamin B6: 11.6% of the RDI
- Vitamin A: 10% of the RDI
- Vitamin E: 9.7% of the RDI
- Vitamin B5: 6.5% of the RDI
- Vitamin K: 6% of the RDI
- Niacin: 7% of the RDI
- Potassium: 6% of the RDI
- Riboflavin: 5% of the RDI
- Manganese: 4.5% of the RDI
- Thiamine: 4% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 4% of the RD
Here are the 7 health benefits of Mangoes:
- Mangoes lowers your cholesterol levels: Mangoes are rich with pectin, Vitamin C, and Fiber, these three are known to lower down our cholesterol levels if taken on a daily basis.
- Mangoes prevent cancer: Mangoes are known to have antioxidant properties like quecetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin, fisetin, gallix acid, and methyl gallate that helps protect our body from colon, breast, leukemia, and prostate cancers.
- Mangoes Improve your eye health: According to the experts, a cup of mangoes or 165 grams gives 25% of Vitamin A, which helps our body to improve its eye health.
- Mangoes helps give clearer skin: Mangoes are known to eliminate pimples and clear clogged pores.
- Mangoes are known to help alkalize our body: Mangoes are rich in Malic Acid, Tartaric Acid, and some citric acid, the three acids are known to help maintain our alkali level in our body.
- Mangoes helps cool down our body: Mango Juice helps cool down our body and it also prevents it from overheating or prevents our body to get a heat stroke.
- Mangoes help boost our immune system: Mangoes are rich in Vitamins A and C, the 2 vitamins are essential for a healthy immune system, as it helps fight infections.
Mangoes are rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals. The fruit has been linked with a number of health benefits, which includes protection from cancer, better immune system, better digestive system, better eyesight, better skin, and better hair health.
But, please do remember that in order to take its maximum health benefits, you have to take it on a daily basis for a long time.