The International Day of Yoga 2019 or also known as the Yoga Day, is celebrated on June 21 every year since it was officially declared on 2014. The international day was declared by the UNGA (United Nations General Assembly).
So what exactly is Yoga?
Yoga is a mental, spiritual, and physical practice that was originated in India, the practice is believed to bring countless health benefits to a person who does it on a daily basis.
Narendra Modi, the Prime Minister of India, suggested the date (June 21) for the celebration during his UN (United Nations) address as it is the longest day of the year in the northern hemisphere and other parts of the world.
Yoga is pretty ancient and is derived from Sanskrit which means to unite or to join, the word symbolizes the union of our body and its consciousness.
The practice is now being followed throughout the world and is continuing gather popularity.
On June 21st every year, the international Yoga Day is celebrated around the world to raise awareness of the benefits one could get if he/she does yoga on a regular basis.
The Theme of this year’s International Day of Yoga
The 5th international day of Yoga is to be celebrated at the United Nations on June 20, 2019, the theme of this year’s celebration is “Yoga Session with Yoga Masters”, and will be followed by a panel discussion on June 21.
The practice is often called as the most effective method that can connect a person’s body and mind, the practice has been practiced by Indians for centuries.
The practice is done through diet, physical posture, and breathing exercises that helps our body and mind to get relaxed.
Here are 8 Benefits of Yoga:
- Increases your flexibility.
- Increases muscle strength.
- Improves respiration, energy, and vitality.
- Helps in maintaining metabolism.
- Helps in weight reduction.
- Improves cardio and circulatory health.
- Improves athletic performance.
- Increases stamina.
International Yoga Day 2019 HD Pictures And Wallpapers For Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and WhatsApp
Some facts about Yoga that you should know:
- The practice originated in India
- The practice is 5000-years-old
- The practice was once used as a form of healing
- The practice is followed in Buddhism, Jainism, and Hinduism
- Yoga means union
- The first yogis are believed to be intoxicated in the sacred drink called soma
- The more you expose your skin while practicing yoga, the better the results you will get
- Yoga is believed to connect our soul, mind, and body.
- The best-selling book of the practice is “Light on Yoga: Yoga Dipika”.
Yoga Day HD Pictures And Wallpapers