Republic Day Parade 2015 Tickets Online Booking: The 26 January Republic Day Parade Tickets 2015 online bookings have started. If you are searching where to get Republic day Parade tickets 2015 in New Delhi, then we have the answer. Many people have asked how to get tickets for Republic day parade 2015 and Beating Retreat ceremony? We are enclosing the list of centers in New Delhi where the tickets would be sold at a reasonable price for the common public. The places may be subjected to change according to the availability of the tickets. People who are interested in buying the tickets online may reach the official website or else get it from the stores available in New Delhi for a specific period of time.
Spectators coming from outside Delhi to watch the Republic Day parade this year are facing a tough time getting tickets as showing identity proof is a must – thanks to the stringent security in place for the Jan 26 event that will have US President Barack Obama as the chief guest.
Republic day 2015 Function details
New Delhi being the capital city of India is the host of the country’s largest, most spectacular parade. Of course, many capital cities of various States in India have their own parade too on January 26th, but nothing as grand as the one in Delhi. This parade takes place at Rajpath on the long expanse of road at India Gate. Before the parade begins, it is customary for the current President of India to place a floral wreath at the Amar Jawan Jyoti memorial at India Gate. After a 21-gun salute, the tricolor is hoisted.
The President first gives a speech, following which awards for unusual acts of bravery are awarded to Indian citizens, including civilians. These winners are part of the parade too and they proudly sit in an open jeep. The young children who win gallantry awards ride on elephants. The various regimental units of the Indian Armed Forces, National Cadet Corps, police units, etc then march past the President in their smart kits. This is followed by a number of colourful floats of each State. On the floats are a depiction of some aspects of the State’s culture. One of the best moments of the parade is the display of stunning stunts on motorcycles by personnel of the Border Security Force (BSF) display. The even more stunning finale is worth waiting for: the pilots of India’s Air Force make aerial maneuvers in the sky that has the crowd gasping, with the colours of the national flag strewn across the sky.
The Republic Day Parade is followed up by a Beating of the Retreat Ceremony in the afternoon on January 29 each year. Tickets are also available for this event at the above outlets.
Republic Day 2015 Parade Ticket Prices
- Republic Day Parade — 300 rupees and 150 rupees for reserved seats.50 rupees and 10 rupees for unreserved seats.
- Beating Retreat ceremony (Full Dress Rehearsal) – 50 rupees and 20 rupees. All seats are unreserved.
Republic Day Parade Ticket Outlets
- India Tourism Development Corporation (IDTC) Travel Counters at Ashok and Janpath Hotels. (Working days only).
- Delhi Tourism Development Corporation (DTDC) Counters at Coffee Home, Baba Kharag Singh Marg and Food and Craft Bazar, Dilli Haat, opposite INA Market and Shri Gandhi Ashram, Chandni Chowk. (Working days only).
- Departmental Sale Counters at North Block roundabout, South Block roundabout, Pragati Maidan (Gate No. 1, Bhairon Road), Jantar Mantar (Main Gate), Shastri Bhawan (near Gate No. 1), India Gate (near Jamnagar House), Red Fort (near police picket). (10 a.m. until 5.30 p.m. daily).
- Parliament House Reception Office. (11 a.m. until 4 p.m. Saturday/Sunday/Holiday closed).Government of India Tourist Office, 88 Janpath. (ClosedSunday).
In case you are unable to attend the parade or the Beating the Retreat ceremony, not to worry! You can watch the live online telecast of the 2015 Republic Day India parade at http://republicday.nic.in/. Doordarshan (DD) and other channels will also be broadcasting the celebrations live on air.